Porthos

Tuesday Numbers (Feb 20): BP- 20.9 PR - 1.9 FSF - 1.6

Just now, Barnack said:

That the OS performance of Potter in 2018$, mostly in a pre-China world:

Not automatic for a Star Wars/MCU entry to beat those even with China.

And yet The Force Awakens beat all those numbers.

How would you adjust Phantom Menace which made 500M overseas in 1999 by the way? :) 

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You realise it was shot in 3D right? It was made with 3D in mine, the film would be completely different without it, scenes would be different. I couldn't imagine what Jim would have done without 3D in mind, that's what makes him James Cameron and me just IronJimbo. The 3D was actually put in the film as part of the experience, not like hollywood which uses a 8 week post process 3D to snatch every last penny they can (see Marvel movies).

Yes. But imagine if it wasn't and just 2d. Just like you want people to imagine Thor being the first movie of the Marvel verse.

4 hours ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

And yet The Force Awakens beat all those numbers.

How would you adjust Phantom Menace which made 500M overseas in 1999 by the way? :) 

Phantom Menace: 733.78

Awaken: 1183.3m (1053m outside China a bit over the last Potter outside China),

atlas_r1WuEjZxW@2x.png

Oversea Bo changed quite a bit between late 90 early 2000 to the 201x more than doubled (faster than inflation), first star wars, Phantom menace, Awaken were really big but the average Star Wars not necessarily, Last Jedi was lower than all of the Potter's oversea and no need to take into account market growth (and now that Star wars does not do much in China/new market in general that franchise do not benefit from market growth as much anyway, making the comp a bit more direct to Potter and easier). Same for Marvel, some entry did better but the non Avengers one/Iron Man 3 all did less than all the Potter I think.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

You realise it was shot in 3D right? It was made with 3D in mine, the film would be completely different without it, scenes would be different. I couldn't imagine what Jim would have done without 3D in mind, that's what makes him James Cameron and me just IronJimbo. The 3D was actually put in the film as part of the experience, not like hollywood which uses a 8 week post process 3D to snatch every last penny they can (see Marvel movies).

You're right. I've tried watching it at home, but couldn't finish it. Too boring without 3D. 

3 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

You're right. I've tried watching it at home, but couldn't finish it. Too boring without 3D. 

Not watching Avatar until the end? I don't believe you, that's rarer than a MCU fan whose read the comics.