grim22

First Reformed | May 18 2018 | A24 | Ethan Hawke

This seems like a good film but I don't see this going wide in my opinion. The film does seem pretty interesting, and it seems like it's tackling a reverend's downward spiral... it makes for good drama, but it might be a little too dark for my tastes.

1 hour ago, tribefan695 said:

I don't have a good reason to bump this but I think in the midst of all the blockbuster talk someone should try to give this some attention

I agree. This seems like it could be good and A24 tends to distribute eclectic films. Ethan Hawke has a good eye for niche films.

I wonder if this is gonna be on the higher end or lower end of the smaller A24 releases. It's not getting much buzz but I still think this could easily gross over $100,000. Not every small A24 film is able to do that.

I've been looking forward to this, and also to using it as an excuse to catch up with Schrader's earlier directorial work. Been curious for a long time, and this is by far his best-received movie in a couple of decades. I know he's a huge Bresson nut and it's probably safe to assume there's some Diary of a Country Priest in here, which is a great film.

• Like 2