YM!

YourMother’s Extra Thicc Y3 Reviews (and some 🅱ig stuff from Y1)

To kickoff my Y3 reviews, I am starting with some Y1 movies I liked and didn’t like. And also with January’s reviews I have selected three films I really liked this year in Y3. Let’s start of the Y1 kick off with

Poison and Wine 

It’s muddled yes, it’s cringey yes but strangely I love it too bad, the sequel sucked balls. It is one of those movies with ambition I admire. 

B- 

latest?cb=20171228131245

He Man

A loving done adaptation that’s pure summer fun. I have become a fan of @Xillix‘s He Man verse.

B-

latest?cb=20171228131245

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xillix said:

FYI you're not allowed to post like "official" scores/reviews for Y3 films until Monday.

I know. I’m just doing Y1 films I never had the chance to read or give opinion on before Monday to build hype.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cookie said:

You're gonna review Scrooge 1?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

Will you review Spark Rising?

Yes. Also Shadow will get a review too as I really liked that movie.

• Thanks 1

Me and My Shadow

A visually stunning and absolutely funny animated film. The cast does wonders and the story is sweet and splendid. Definitely one of the best animated films in CAYOM imo.

A

tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Yes.

Did you read it before you went into NOD mainly because like Voltron 2 there's a lot of callbacks that don't make too much sense if you haven't seen the prior movie.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cookie said:

Did you read it before you went into NOD mainly because like Voltron 2 there's a lot of callbacks that don't make too much sense if you haven't seen the prior movie.

Yes.

SWAT KATS: The Radical Squadron

A quick paced and effectively charming animated film. Although it doesn’t do anything really to break the mold, the characters and the humor make a satisfying result for kids and adults.

B-

latest?cb=20171228131245&key=d571718d8c1

Voltron: Defenders Of The Universe

Although a bit overlong, a pretty unremarkable villain, and a shorter run time would’ve helped, this is a non stop action rollercoaster. The cast delivers, the visuals are jaw dropping and the score is pretty solid too. However Lotor is better than this by a lot.

B

• Like 1

Spark: Rising

An extraordinarily done space saga. With visuals that put Avatar and Star Wars to shame, the cast especially the lead is fabulous and killer action and score to flaunt to all. However it has its kinks (the villain didn’t wow me), but it’s awesome to say the very least.

A

tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp.jpg&key=

• Astonished 1

The Adventures Of Scrooge McDuck

Fun Fact: I am fan of the new Ducktales series. Fandom of the show aside. McDuck is my favorite animated film in CAYOM tied with only another film. The writing is excellent like most of @cookie‘s work (except anything with the word Timmy), the animation is definitely lovely and a great art choice, the cast nails almost everything and I feel in love with the universe all over again.

A+

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More films I read:

Captain Planet:

Despite it’s faithful tone and fun flair, Planet doesn’t do much to really impress me but kids and fans will love it.

C

185?cb=20151103125558&key=fdc1923def6702

Lucky:

Some bad luck is why this movie exist.

F

57 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The Adventures Of Scrooge McDuck

Fun Fact: I am fan of the new Ducktales series. Fandom of the show aside. McDuck is my favorite animated film in CAYOM tied with only another film. The writing is excellent like most of @cookie‘s work (except anything with the word Timmy), the animation is definitely lovely and a great art choice, the cast nails almost everything and I feel in love with the universe all over again.

A+

It's interesting because AoSM is definitely based much more on the old show than the new one (since it was written all the way back in 2.0 and had Alan Young as Scrooge when he was still alive) and NOD borrows more from the new show and the comics while doing its own thing at the same time.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

The Number One Dime

@cookie this movie sucked ass.

F+

Spoiler

Just kidding of course. This one is my favorite animated movie of CAYOM ties with the first. Like the first, the story is excellent (surprised it got so dark), beautiful animation, wonderful and captivating characters and the humor I love it. Magical De Spell was definitely a great villain. I loved Glomgold’s redemption arc as well. In short, Dime should easily dominate both your heart, soul and definitely the box office (like I2, I’m thinking $500M is happening)

A+

• Thanks 1

January 

Homestar Runner’s Cruddy Debut Movie:

The fuck did I watch?

F

Burnout:

A solid but unremarkable action movie but me likey fast cars.

B-

Chessman:

A cute animated film that should entertain kids.

C+

Exorcism of Jessica Winters:

A solid horror movie although it’s not that scary.

C-

From Earth to Infinity: An Odyssey Through Space:

A pretty cool documentary that Amy Adams and IMAX brings to life.

B-