baumer

BSG Movie Trivia worth 20,000 points is up.

Yea, I can't find one source that confirms the move. BO.com, IMDB, and BOM all still report June 29, 2012.

Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection is being released on June 29, 2012.

Tyler Perry's The Marriage Counselor, which the summer game question referred to, is not being released until March 29, 2013.

Yep. "Can", but not necessarily "will". Like I said, I'm just banking on the film really disappointing in terms of quality *and* Prometheus breaking out. The numbers are secondary to rank in this case. Spidey could hit $700m and I still think Prometheus has a chance to do more. Its basically my one big gamble for the summer.As a side note, Superman Returns and Batman Begins both failed to even reach $400 million. That was six years ago so expansion will certainly help out Spidey, but still, I'd be careful in presuming that TASM is assured to become a huge hit -- especially with such questionable buzz so far.

You can't even think of using BR and BB as a comparison for Spidey overseas.And Prometheus really doesn't look like the kind of movie to do 400M OS, even if it does 250M. I expect nothing more than $1M here in India while TASM will easily do 20M+. True it is only just a small market, but it is generally a good indicator for all of Asia.Either way, we will know soon enough.

My gut prediction is Prometheus. I put it into the top 3, don't think many people did. Going high with TDKR was a gimme, but I'm certain I'm not the highest predictor. Is laguy signed up here? Who's gonna take over his awesome thread then?

I will be making the thread very soon. :)

Wait a sec...there was already an SOTM question? Are you kidding me? I copy and pasted everything in the page 10 recap and there was no mention of an SOTM #1. :blink:

Edited by laguy03
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection is being released on June 29, 2012.

Tyler Perry's The Marriage Counselor, which the summer game question referred to, is not being released until March 29, 2013.

Ah, misread that. :lol:

• Founder / Operator

You can't even think of using BR and BB as a comparison for Spidey overseas.And Prometheus really doesn't look like the kind of movie to do 400M OS, even if it does 250M. I expect nothing more than $1M here in India while TASM will easily do 20M+. True it is only just a small market, but it is generally a good indicator for all of Asia.Either way, we will know soon enough.

Like I said, one can't assume anything is guaranteed until the film actually proves its quality. I make no bones about the fact that I'm making a risky prediction. You disagree, then you disagree but the comparisons I've made are just as valid as the other comparison I made with reference to doing well in certain markets. Whether they happen or not will be decided in two months. :)Whatever a movie "seems" like is kind of secondary to my strategy here. There are enough precedents for both our scenarios to happen. Edited by ShawnMR

Wait a sec...there was already an SOTM question? Are you kidding me? I copy and pasted everything in the page 10 recap and there was no mention of an SOTM #1. :blink:

I think you can still request B to include it.I did that 12 hrs ago.

Deadline is 11:59PM EST isn't it? I don't think B is on to lock it but it still shows who edits after that time. If you have something to add, just quote your original post and add whatever you want. If he accepts it or not, at least you won't be disqualified.