cookie

Y3 - The Oscar Nominations

2 minutes ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

I was gonna make that comparison but I'm probably in no place to talk right now....

I still stand by the fact that I love both Spark movies. In a perfect world, they'd both be nominated for Best Picture in their respective years. If only the first one had gotten the nom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

I still stand by the fact that I love both Spark movies. In a perfect world, they'd both be nominated for Best Picture in their respective years. If only the first one had gotten the nom.

Thank you - I'm really proud of both movies too, and I really want to make sure that the finale (and to a lesser extent AR) deliver on the hype. 

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Tbh to this day I still don't understand how Faces & Voices got in. Nobody had it in their top 5 and it got four votes!

Realistically, Spark Rising was 7th in line for a BP nom. If FACES AND VOICES didn't get in, the last spot simply would have gone to...

Reveal hidden contents

So, Ethan still wouldn't be happy about it either way.

:hahaha:

Just now, cookie said:

Ethan when he sees that not only did Scavenger Wars (and Odyssey 2) smash Spark 1's nominee record but Spark 2 got a BP nom instead of Spark 1

Tom-Crying-Shed-a-Tear-Bloody-Bruised.gi

....at least his top two movies got a lot of love?

....at least his top two movies got a lot of love?

I mean, I'm still baffled at all the love The Odyssey 2 got but 19 nominations, pretty much every category I FYC'd for, is fucking awesome. :)

Edited by Rorschach

Just now, Rorschach said:

I mean, I'm still baffled at all the love The Odyssey 2 is getting but 19 nominations, pretty much every category I FYC'd for, is fucking awesome. :)

It has a chance to win a LOT of them too. 

20 minutes ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

I guess F. GARY GRAY is the king of surprise Oscar noms in CAYOM.

If my mystery project is any good, next year could bode well for me.

40 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

See what happens when you lack a lot of great Oscar bait dramas? You get the MTV Movie Awards!

:Venom:

Cataclysmic was Oscar Bait in a goddamn giant mousetrap, but if people wanted to vote for a tonally-inconsistent cartoon duck movie instead then :redcapes:

Edited by Xillix

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

Cataclysmic was Oscar Bait in a goddamn cartoon mousetrap, but if people wanted to vote for a tonally-inconsistent cartoon duck movie then :redcapes:

Didn't vote for either :Venom:

17 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I mean, I'm still baffled at all the love The Odyssey 2 got but 19 nominations, pretty much every category I FYC'd for, is fucking awesome. :)

It's a damn good movie is why.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Cataclysmic was Oscar Bait in a goddamn giant mousetrap, but if people wanted to vote for a tonally-inconsistent cartoon duck movie instead then :redcapes:

I mean, I voted for all the films that received the nomination so...

tenor.gif?itemid=7551542