cookie

Y3 - The Oscar Nominations

Director

112816i-Kelly-Fremon-Craig.jpgGuillermo_del_Toro_by_Gage_Skidmore_3.jpMatt_Duffer_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpgRoss_Duffer_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpgF._Gary_Gray_(21226277825).jpg1200px-Matt_Reeves_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpgRebecca Sugar 2017 Adult Swim Upfront Pa

Actor

250px-Robert_Downey_Jr_2014_Comic_Con_(ctom-hardy.jpgJBvOwc.jpgHugh_Jackman_Berlin_2017.jpg200px-Rami_Malek_in_Hollywood,_Californi

Actress

Anna-Kendrick.jpgactress-sasha-lane-hair-dreads-thekit.caJennifer+Lawrence+2017+Toronto+Internatikathryn-newton-at-paranormal-activity-thsaoirse-ronan.jpg

Supporting Actor

armand-assante.jpg?quality=80sub-buzz-1100-1498755088-14.jpg?downsizelatest?cb=20140717210720jude_law_05.jpgDacre-Montgomery-biography.jpg?x24432latest?cb=20160523083626

Supporting Actress

joan-cusack-final-450x600.jpg?itok=O9dAbGolshifteh+Farahani+2016+Toronto+InternaMichelle-Pfeiffer.jpgCharlize_Theron_in_2017_by_Gage_Skidmore?width=357&version=3760729

Voice Actor/Actress in a Leading Role

Steve-carell.jpg333?cb=201610240530031200px-Ryan_Reynolds_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpherald+scotland.jpgLetitia+Wright+Cinema+Society+Hosts+Scre

Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Supporting Role

cate-blanchett-640x768.jpglatest?cb=20151203205012image.jpg250px-Kevin_Hart_2014.jpgaubrey-plaza-at-legion-press-line-at-com

Original Score - Composer

jon-brion.jpgjames-newton-howard.jpgMI0003856249.jpg?partner=allrovi.comhoward-shore-1337174003-view-0.jpgRichard+Vreeland+Under+Silver+Lake+Press18hess2u4iiy5jpg.jpg

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Just now, 4815162342 said:

So yeah, I fucked cookie over by picking Naomi Scott for Supporting rather than Lead and thereby displacing MEW from Supporting in my picks :hahaha:

We could've had twenty noms, Numbers.

Twenty noms.

tumblr_ohr0jqWF901vjdt8po2_1280.gif

• Haha 1

But on a different note. The lowest grossing BP nominee is on track to make at least $150m....so about half (if not slightly under) of the next lowest grossing nominee. The remaining 3 will make $450m+. Even taking into account years with more than 5 nominees, this would be the highest grossing best picture lineup ever.

CAYOM is a very interesting place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

But on a different note. The lowest grossing BP nominee is on track to make at least $150m....so about half (if not slightly under) of the next lowest grossing nominee. The remaining 3 will make $450m+. Even taking into account years with more than 5 nominees, this would be the highest grossing best picture lineup ever.

CAYOM is a very interesting place.

Three out of the BP nominees are sequels

Four are big-budget blockbusters

You'll never see that IRL :hahaha:

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

CAYOM Oscars Nomination feelings:

TFW you have three films in one category but you are destined to lose.

Chrysalids and Silent Hill got snubbed for BP and I’m surprised at Spark but hey FGG got his nom giving me a bit more strength.

Felt some other films got snubbed for smaller categories but that’s just me.

All and all this is a great line up.

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Three out of the BP nominees are sequels

Four are big-budget blockbusters

You'll never see that IRL :hahaha:

Another fun fact: TOY STORY III is the only Best Picture nominee to open over $90m. Four of the nominees did that this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

Another fun fact: TOY STORY III is the only Best Picture nominee to open over $90m. Four of the nominees did that this year.

Fun fact: 4 out of the 5 were action films in a way.