cookie

YEAR 3 - THE ACADEMY AWARDS (NFTO wins Best Picture, Odyssey takes home seven wins, Spark loses all)

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

"Please welcome Academy Award winner Isla Fisher!"

Isla: ...You know what, this show has gone on for as long as it has, I'm not gonna waste any more of everyone's time.

Here are the nominees for Best Actor in a Leading Role:

Robert Downey Jr. as Jackie Owens in Fatal Rendezvous

Tom Hardy as Simon Barnes in Ripper

Daniel Henney as Joel in The Scavenger Wars

Hugh Jackman as Odysseus in The Odyssey: The Counsel of the Dead

Rami Malek as Rameses in The Prince of Egypt

Isla: And the winner is...

Reveal hidden contents

Went from last place to first place.

Nice 👍

* Colin Farrel joins Isla Fisher on stage *

Colin: And here are the nominees for Best Actress in a Leading Role

Anna Kendrick as Meg in Notes From the Otherspace

Sasha Lane as Alex Spark in Spark: Homeward

Jennifer Lawrence as Emily Sanderson in Cataclysmic

Kathrine Newton as Izzy in Garden of Eden

Saoirse Ronan as Rosaline Morton in The Chrysalids

Colin: And the winner is...

Spoiler

idc1.gif

ANNA KENDRICK as MEG in NOTES FROM THE OTHERSPACE

Kendrick: Well, yeah... I'm pretty sure everyone and their grandmother saw this coming.

Spoiler

1. Anna Kendrick - 33

2. Sasha Lane - 21

3. Saoirse Ronan - 21

4. Jennifer Lawrence - 19

5. Kathryn Newton - 11 

• Haha 1

“Please welcome Academy Award nominee and the star of LiveStream, Taissa Farmiga!”

Taissa: ...Really? That’s your point of reference? Not some big sci-fi franchise that happens to have a third installment coming out next year? Urgh, fine.

Awards celebrating the performances of individual actors have been a long standing tradition at the Oscars, but with CAYOM we are choosing to also celebrate the collective achievement of all the wonderful actors who bring these films to a cohesive whole. In this category, everyone's a winner... provided you're in the movie that wins, that is. Then again, the Score category was pretty much "everyone's a winner" unless your name happened to be Thomas Newman.

And the nominees for Best Actors in an Ensemble are…

Nick Robinson, Chloe Grace Moretz, Anya Taylor-Joy, Saoirse Ronan, Timothee Chalamet, Ezra Miller, Blu Hunt, Holli Dempsey, Jude Law, Chadwick Boseman and Alex Rice

in THE CHRYSALIDS

Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet, Dacre Montgomery, Lena Headey, Ian McShane, Julie Andrews, Armand Assante, Henry Cavill, Sharlto Copley, Hugh Dancy, Rhys Darby, Luke Evans, Isla Fisher, Charlie Hunnam, Toby Kebbell, Billy Magnussen, Malcolm McDowell, James Purefoy, Iwan Rheon, Tim Roth, Bill Skarsgard, Jim Sturgess and Brad Dourif

in THE ODYSSEY: THE COUNSEL OF THE DEAD

Anna Kendrick, Joan Cusack, Hannibal Buress, Andy Garcia, Channing Tatum, Neil Patrick Harris, Kristin Chenoweth, Chris Hemsworth, David Tennant and Tiffany Haddish

in NOTES FROM THE OTHERSPACE

Ari’el Stachel, Rami Malek, Denee Benton, Golshifteh Farahadi, Yousef Sweid, Norm Lewis, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Khaled Nabawy, Daveed Diggs and Nancy Ajram

in THE PRINCE OF EGYPT

Daniel Henney, Naomi Scott, Letitia Wright, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Harry Lennix, Keegan Michael-Key, David Mazouz, Ricky Whittle, Happy Anderson, Terry Notary, Forest Whitaker, Laurence Fishburne and Jason Isaacs

in THE SCAVENGER WARS

Taissa: And the winner is…

Spoiler

THE SCAVENGER WARS

Taissa: Hope to see you soon, Shiro.

Daniel: I'm not Shiro this year, I'm Joel.

Taissa: Whatever you say, Shiro.

Spoiler
  1. The Scavenger Wars - 28
  2. The Odyssey: The Counsel of the Dead - 26
  3. Notes From the Otherspace - 20
  4. The Chrysalids - 17
  5. The Prince of Egypt - 15

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

After an all nighter for the Academy Awards, we’ve seen reports where Naomi Scott, Aubrey Plaza, Dacre Montgomery, David Tennant, Charlize Theron, Nick Robinson, Ari’el Stachel, Kevin Hart, Tom Hardy, and Hannibal Buress drive around LA to get breakfast.

• Haha 1

Somewhere in space...

* We're immediately re-introduced to Shiro (Daniel Henney), we open to a close-up of his face on the floor unconscious. We cut to a reverse angle of the same scene, with Throk and Hrox (Boyd Holbrook and Sterling K. Brown respectively), who discovered him at the end of the last movie, staring down at him. *

Hrox: Where do you think he came from?

Throk: I don't know... but I bet he's got quite the story to tell. [ grins ]

COOKIE PICTURES

* Quick montage of Galra forces mobilizing. *

Allura (VO): I fear something's coming...

* From behind, we see what looks like a Galra over-looking the mobilization from some sort of command center in outer space. He turns to see the construction of a ship larger than any of those others present. *

Allura (VO): Everything we've done until now...

* Lotor, in cuffs, is brought before his mother Haggar. *

Allura (VO): Everything we've lost...

* Introduction montage of the various paladins all in a solemn mood. *

* Pidge mourning her brother Matt *

* Hunk seeing Shay, who somehow looks a bit different since last time we saw her, more... monstrous... showcasing immense strength to the concern of them both *

* Lance, looking forlorn at the casket of Keith in the cryo-chamber, lowering his head in mourn *

Allura (VO): Everything we've fought for...

* Allura, starting to show strange new abilities where she can levitate objects in the air to the worry of Coran. Allura freaks out causing her to drop the objects before the screen cuts to black. *

Allura (VO): ...It's all going to tear us apart.

* A metallic hand scratches across the wall of a Galra ship as the overseer, seen only in a silhouette from behind, enters Haggar's chamber. We cut to a reverse angle where the figure emerges from the shadows, being the film's new antagonist, General Thorne (Daniel Craig). *

Thorne: You have not been there for your empire.

* Haggar, looking confused and angered over what Thorne is telling her. *

Haggar: ...Is this an insurrection? You are no heir of Zarkon!

Thorne: No...

* Cut to Thorne, sitting on a throne in a palace inside this MASSIVE Galra city positioned on a remote ice planet called Galrazaal. *

Thorne (VO): ...But I am here to save his legacy.

* Thorne visibly grins, as we cut to Galra forces departing on mass and launching devastating attacks on rebel forces, leading to several shots of devastation and rebels facing mass casualties. *

* Cut to black. *

Thorne (VO): And for there to be peace...

* Lance, Hunk and Coran are all looking out from the Castle at something, casting them in shadows to emphasize its scale. *

Thorne (VO): Team Voltron has to end. For the good of the whole universe.

* We cut outside to show, ascending into the frame, this MASSIVE Galra cruiser dwarfing the Castle of Lions by the hundredfold, so massive it would make the H.F.F ships in Scavenger Wars blush. It's seen brandishing a cannon larger than the Castle itself. *

* Cut to black. *

Thorne (VO): It's the best for all of us you stop resisting.

* Fade in to the paladins and Coran as he seems data on the big Galra ship on his control panel. Coran is visibly sweating. *

Pidge: How many fires from that cannon would it take to bring the Castle down?

* Slow, dramatic zoom on Coran's increasingly distressed face. *

Coran: ...One.

* SMASH CUT to the Castle being pursued by the Galra ship into warp drive, the lions all clinging onto the sides of the castle trying to defend it while doing their damnedest to prevent the cannon from firing. *

* Abrupt cut to the cannon firing, piercing right through the castle and all the lions present, obliterating the Castle in seconds and sending all the lions flying in various directions at great speed. Cut to black. *

* We fade in again to some remote, deserted planet, Lance is seen bursting out his lion, panting profusely as he sees Hunk emerging from the wreckage of his own lion. Coran also emerges, visibly injured but still standing. *

Hunk: ...What happened?!

Coran:  ...We've lost.

* Cut to show a wide shot of all the lions, piled together and unable to move. *

Coran (VO): This is the end of the path Allura and I started us on.

* Fade in to Pidge and Lance in some kind of base, leaning over a railing and discussing a plan. *

Pidge: ...How much time do we have, then?

Lance: As the universe around us crumbles? ...Probably not much. I mean a little, but... not much.

FROM THE DIRECTORS OF

THE SCAVENGER WARS

* Montage of action sequences *

* The paladins break their way into a base. *

ON DECEMBER 18TH

* Allura, developing her newfound powers, starts being able to cast energy blasts at Galra pursuers in a street inhabited by Galra civilians *

* A big battle between resistance and Galra forces ensues on an icy surface, probably Galrazaal. *

EVERYTHING CHANGES

* Lance is attacked by two masked people, who overpower him and hold a sharp object to his throat right before the trailer cuts to black. *

* We see Allura chained, presented as a prisoner in front of Thorne. *

Allura: You will lose.

Thorne: ...Why?

Allura: Because no matter what you do to us... we have hope.

* In a flash, Thorne grabs Allura by the throat with his metallic hand and lifts her several feet up. *

* Cut to black. *

Thorne (VO): When my people look up in the sky, they don't see "hope"... 

* Citizens of Galrazaal gaze up at the sky in fright. *

Thorne (VO): They only see a winged devil raining fire upon them.

* Out on the battlefield, the fully formed Voltron emerges from the clouds, lunging with its sword at a band of Galra beasts reaching at it from below. *

(The composition is a bit like this):

Spoiler

original.gif&key=351a8738d45e352ff722961

V O L T R O N

R E U N I O N

* The paladins uncover the unconscious Shiro, all shocked to see he's still alive. *

Hunk: Is he... Is he breathing?

Pidge: Where did he even come from?!

Lance: It's like he hadn't even aged a day... I'm a bit jealous, honestly.

Pidge: LANCE...

Lance: ...Sorry.

Allura: [ turns to Coran ] Wake him up.

* Coran hooks Shiro up to a medical pod, sending him a minor static shock to see if he would respond. *

* Shiro, full awake, bursts out of the pod and flings his cybernetic arm in all manner of directions forcing some of the paladins to dodge his uncontrollable outburst. *

* Cut to them managed to calm him down as Shiro realizes where he is and sees all of them face to face. *

Allura: Where have you been?!

Shiro: Where no light can penetrate. ...I've seen the end of everything.

December 18th

In theaters and IMAX

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

"Please welcome, Academy Award winning director of Blackhat, Michael Mann!"

Mann: Somebody realizes Blackhat is actually genius! ...Ahem, in our penultimate category, we honor this year's excellence in directing. Five directors tackling a diverse catalogue of genres, from live-action/animation fantasy combos, to gigantic space and period epics and dark fairy tales about the next step in our human evolution...

These are the five nominees for Best Directing in a Feature Film:

Kelly Fernon Craig and Rebecca Sugar for Notes From the Otherspace

Guillermo Del Toro for The Chrysalids

Matt and Ross Duffer for The Scavenger Wars

F. Gary Gray for Spark: Homeward

Matt Reeves for The Odyssey: The Counsel of the Dead

Mann: And the winner is...

Spoiler

MATT REEVES for THE ODYSSEY: THE COUNSEL OF THE DEAD

Matt: I'd like to thank my family, Hugh Jackman and especially Lager Pictures for being on this incredible journey with me. Let's hope Homecoming delivers a killer end to the trilogy!

Spoiler
  1. Matt Reeves - 27
  2. Kelly Fernon Craig & Rebecca Sugar - 25
  3. Matt and Ross Duffer - 22
  4. Guillermo Del Toro - 18
  5. F. Gary Gray - 13

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

*Black Screen and silence*

Athena (voice-over): Father, I come before you to ask for your help.

0:08-0:50

*We open on a flashback to the second movie. Poseidon’s giant fist pounding down on Odysseus

Athena (VO): Twenty years have passed and yet Odysseus, the king of Ithaca, has not returned home.

*Dissolve to Odysseus floating weightlessly in the water amongst the rubble and debris.

*We see a montage of shots of him washing up on the island of Ogygia and being rescued by Calypso.

Athena (VO): In his absence, his kingdom has been ravaged by outsiders wishing to take it for themselves.

*Cut to Ithaca. Several shots show the suitors wreaking havoc upon the island.

*Several slow-motion shots of the men encircling a muscular, old man and a suitor (played by Justin Theroux) dueling in hand-to-hand combat while a group of men stand around them and cheer on. The camera circles around them as they fight

Athena (VO): The men have sucked the life out of his kingdom and his people.

*We see the suitors eat and drink in excess.

*A quick-cut shot of a suitor and a woman (played by Sylvia Hoeks) making love amidst the crowd. The woman seems to be taking extreme pleasure out this.

*Shots of a desolate Ithacan landscape. The beautiful, lucious land we’ve seen in the previous films looks nearly dead.

Athena (VO): His family is harassed by them. They fear for their lives on a daily basis.

*Shot of Penelope sits against her bedroom door, tears in her eyes.

*Eumaeus and Eurycleia hold each other. Eumaeus has a

*A shot of a bloody and beaten Telemachus with his arms tied behind his back as a figure holds his head from behind. A fire seems to be raging in the background.

*A shot inside a raging fire as Eurymachus smiles and throws an innocent man into the fire. Antinous and some other men behind him cheer when the body hits the burning pile of wood.

*Cut to black as the music fades out

Athena (VO): Father, I say it is time that the king of Ithaca…

*Fade In to see Athena standing amongst a council of other gods

Athena: ...returns home to his people.

*Cut to a high-angle shot of Athena looking up at Zeus (Sean Bean).

Zeus (raising his eyebrows): So be it then.

0:51-0:59

*We see a quick establishing shot of the island of Ogygia. Hermes emerges from the heavens and lands on a cliffside. Calypso approaches him.

Hermes: I am delivering a message from Zeus himself.

*We see a shot of disheveled Odysseus sitting on a bed, looking at the two as they converse.

Hermes (VO): It is time for Odysseus to return to his homeland and be reunited with his people again.

*Calypso looks back at Odysseus with a concerned look. He shares the same look, although with a more solemn expression.

1:00-1:17

*We see Odysseus building a raft

*We see a shot of Odysseus on the raft in the sea as he sails amidst a terrible storm.

*There are a couple of slow-motion shots of him sailing against a giant wave. Lightning striking in the distance.

Calypso (yelling in VO): Haven’t you gods tortured him enough?

*Cut to Calypso facing Hermes

Calypso: Leave the poor man be, will you?!

*Hermes shrugs

Hermes: I’m sorry. I don’t make these decisions myself. I’m just the messenger.

*Calypso looks on, distraught

*Odysseus, on the sea again, looks above him as a giant tidal wave towers over him.

*Cut to black

1:18-1:24

THIS SUMMER

Odysseus (VO): I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life...

*We see a shot of Odysseus embracing someone. He closes his eyes as a tear trickles down his eyes. Reverse-cut to see that Telemachus is the one he is embracing.

Odysseus (VO): ...ones that I regret deeply…

1:25-1:32

WITNESS THE FINALE

*We see a shot of King Alcinous and his people kneeling before Odysseus. Odysseus stands in disbelief.

Odysseus (VO): ...but I’m ready to accept all the blame…

*We see another shot of Odysseus kneeling before a sacrificial fire, his head hung low.

Odysseus (VO): ...if it means sacrificing myself for my kingdom.

*The music and screen fade out

OF THE ACCLAIMED EPIC TRILOGY

*Cut to Telemachus standing next to a fire. He holds his hand out.

Telemachus: Then we’ll save it together.

*Cut to Odysseus who stares at the hand and looks back up at his son.

2:33-2:57

*A montage of several sweeping shots over the island of Ithaca.

*A hooded Odysseus, in an older disguise, is lead into the city by his son

*We see Eurymachus sitting on a makeshift throne in a robe (a la Snoke style). He gives a crooked smile.

Eurymachus: I’m not ready to give up yet. Soon, this city will be mine to rule.

*We see shots of an on-going brawl between Telemachus and another suitor.

*A clip of Antinous struggling to latch a string onto a bow.

*A suitor (again, played by Justin Theroux) holds a piece of burning cloth in the air.

*Penelope cowers underneath him.

Unknown voice: Are you so sure of yourself?

*An old man with a hunch in his back asks Eurymachus this. Eurymachus stares at the old man with a narrow expression.

*Action shots of more fist fighting between different men.

*A shot of Telemachus screaming as he lunges towards Antinous, who holds his hands in the air.

*A shot of Odysseus as he runs through a forest, frantically, as the camera holds close to his face.

*A group of Ithacan citizens, led by Eumaeus, charge at a group of suitors.

*Amphinomus and another man (played by KJ Apa) fight off a group of men, back-to-back.

*A shot of a giant Poseidon, raising his trident to the sky, lightning bolts hitting the staff.

2:59-3:05

*In a glorious one-shot, we see Odysseus, in R-rated glory, running through a group of suitors, cutting with his sword. He slices through them effortlessly, rage visible in his eyes. He slices through one’s chest, cuts off both arms on one suitor, decapitates another, slices the throat of another, slices one guy while kicking him back into a raging fire alongside a wall, and lunges toward another with his sword raised when the screen suddenly goes black.

(similar to this)

RemoteUnluckyEider-size_restricted.gif

3:08-3:21

Odysseus (VO): I’m ready to accept my failures...

*In a slow-motion shot, we see Odysseus string his bow. The suitors look on in shock as he steps up to a black line. We see a line of axes with holes going through the middle of all of them lined up.

Odysseus (VO): I’m ready to leave them in the past...

*Odysseus notches his arrow. He holds up his bow as he reaches his arm back. He pulls the string to his face. He closes his eyes.

Odysseus (VO): I’m ready… to come home.

*Odysseus opens his eyes. He releases his fingers. The arrow begins its flight in the air. The screen cuts to black as the tip of the arrow reaches the first axe.

The

Odyssey

Homecoming

WITNESS THE FINALE

JUNE 12th

In 3D and IMAX 2D

• Like 1

"For our last award... thank god... please welcome our Oscar Nominee announcers, Anthony Mackie, Taissa Farmiga, Charlie Heaton and Julie Andrews!"

* wide applause from the audience as the four reunite on stage *

Anthony: Mind if I sing "Trouble Man" to enhance the mood?

Andrews: Anthony, ENOUGH.

Anthony: * rolls eyes * You know, Cap wouldn't approve of this treatment!

Charlie: Cap is a fictional character, Mackie! He's not real!

Anthony: ...Don't you think I know that... :(

Taissa: Can we please just announce the Best Picture winner so we can all go home?

* Faint sound of Letitia Wright in the audience shouting "I hear you, sister!" *

Charlie: But we gotta make a big deal out of it first...

Taissa: Not really.

Charlie: ...Can Spark at least get a montage?

Andrews: No.

Charlie: Aw, man...

The nominees for BEST PICTURE are...

NOTES FROM THE OTHERSPACE

THE NUMBER ONE DIME

THE ODYSSEY: THE COUNSEL OF THE DEAD

THE SCAVENGER WARS

SPARK: HOMEWARD

The winner is...

Spoiler

SPARK: HOMEWARD

Charlie: YES! YEEES!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!! In your face, Farmiga!

Anthony: Charlie... that was the troll ballot.

Charlie: ...WHAT?!

Spoiler

NOTES FROM THE OTHERSPACE

tenor.gif?itemid=5692583

Charlie: FUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Winners: OMG this is the highest honor!!! Hourglass Pictures would like to extend their gratitude to everyone for a great Year 3!!!

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All the winners:

Spoiler
  1. Best Use of Action - The Odyssey: The Counsel of the Dead
  2. Best Makeup and Hairstyling - Silent Hill: Innocence Lost
  3. Best Costume Design - The Odyssey: The Counsel of the Dead
  4. Best Documentary Feature - From Earth to Infinity: An Odyssey Through Space
  5. Best Sound Editing - The Scavenger Wars
  6. Best Sound Mixing - Cataclysmic
  7. Best Production Design - The Prince of Egypt
  8. Best Visual Effects  - The Scavenger Wars
  9. Best Film Editing - The Odyssey: The Counsel of the Dead
  10. Best Adapted Screenplay - The Odyssey: The Counsel of the Dead
  11. Best Original Screenplay - Notes From the Otherspace
  12. Best Cinematography - The Chrysalids
  13. Best Original Score - Jon Bryon and Richard Vreeland for Notes From The Otherspace, James Newton Howard for The Scavenger Wars, Howard Shore for The Odyssey: The Counsel of the Dead, Akira Yamaoka for Silent Hill: Innocence Lost
  14. Best Original Song - "Tender Hearts" from My Peoples
  15. Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Supporting Role - Cate Blanchett in The Number One Dime
  16. Best Supporting Actor - Jason Isaacs in The Scavenger Wars
  17. Best Supporting Actress - Joan Cusack in Notes From the Otherspace
  18. Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Leading Role - David Tennant in The Number One Dime , Letitia Wright in The Scavenger Wars
  19. Best Animated Feature - The Number One Dime
  20. Best Actor - Hugh Jackman in The Odyssey: The Counsel of the Dead
  21. Best Actress - Anna Kendrick in Notes From the Otherspace
  22. Best Ensemble - The Scavenger Wars
  23. Best Director - Matt Reeves for The Odyssey: The Counsel of the Dead
  24. Best Picture - Notes From the Otherspace

Previews:

Spoiler

Freddy Zapper and the Manifesto of Doom by @Spagheditary

Flights of Fire by @Xillix

Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas by @YourMother the Edgelord

Voltron: Reunion by @cookie