sfran43

Monday's Numbers

2 hours ago, TMP said:

Another Youtube Box office critic, this time saying Solo's doing "Just fine" :insane:

Pack it up people! No bomb here!

I first heard about him because he made some shitty video essay on episode 8. And I don't just mean the content was dumb (imo), I mean the presentation was bad. It was very verbose, and narrated like he was rushing through reading in front of the class for the first time. The presentation sounded like someone rushing through their ideas before you can have time to realize they're not saying much of anything, while also insecure that the audience will realize that's what they're doing. He doesn't regulate breathing or intonation enough. It's just a string of sounds.

I also realized I probably don't have the same tastes as him. But the important thing here is that I'm not surprised he's in denial. Also he seems like an arrogant dick.

Edited by Bobbybuilderton
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mathmadness said:

Book Club is popping up on the East Coast for fandango pulse suggesting theaters are opening at 8am on a Wednesday morning.  I'm guessing with the beginning of summer, theaters are likely to open earlier.  I don't see why Book Club would be popping up so much otherwise.  The summer solstice is Thursday, June 21st and A Wrinkle in Time could be going -33% from Sundays to Mondays

Seniors are up early, that’s why :lol: 

3 hours ago, Bobbybuilderton said:

I also realized I probably don't have the same tastes as him. But the important thing here is that I'm not surprised he's in denial. Also he seems like an arrogant dick.

I like Bob when I agree with him, I really don't like him when I don't.  =)

He needs to get educated on BO though, this is not his wheelhouse.  How could anyone be in denial of Solo being a giant financial flop?  This is an epic failure, plain and simple.  There's no other way to put it.

As has been gone over here many times, we can argue about why that is.  We can debate what it means.  But facts are facts.  Solo is going to make way less money than it spent.  And it's going to go down in history among the top financial failures to have ever been produced.

I don't know what Bob's deal is.  I think he's just an opinionated guy who sometimes (maybe oftentimes) likes to be contrarian for contrarian's sake.

(A bit like that movie TLJ he loves so much)