cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

When you realize today you get reviews from @4815162342 @Rorschach and @Reddroast on KOTS and @cookie (who has an in association credit) is going to be watching carefully and you’re nervous because even though you’re proud of your work, you’re terrified.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

When you realize today you get reviews from @4815162342 @Rorschach and @Reddroast on KOTS and @cookie (who has an in association credit) is going to be watching carefully and you’re nervous because even though you’re proud of your work, you’re terrified.

Why is @cookie taking notes anyway?

Best Original Screenplay will be interesting this year. Lot of potential contenders: By The Balls, Can You Imagine, Belmont Lane, Resonance, Sir Thymes Time, Lucid, Starlit, The Square Mile and Citizen Wells (maybe)

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Best Original Screenplay will be interesting this year. Lot of potential contenders: By The Balls, Can You Imagine, Belmont Lane, Resonance, Sir Thymes Time, Fortnight, The Square Mile and Citizen Wells (maybe)

Fortnight is adapted. It's based heavily on a nonfiction work by David Hackett Fischer.

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Best Original Screenplay will be interesting this year. Lot of potential contenders: By The Balls, Can You Imagine, Belmont Lane, Resonance, Sir Thymes Time, Fortnight, The Square Mile and Citizen Wells (maybe)

Starlit is original. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

Fair note that i may not have super high hopes for Starlit Highway. It turned out to be an extreme rush job that I worried Spark 3 would be.

So not only did you exploit my Voltron grief for selfish gain, you ruined Detective Pidge in the pursuit.

I will remember this.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

So not only did you exploit my Voltron grief for selfish gain, you ruined Detective Pidge in the pursuit.

I will remember this.

Might have turned out, I should add. I really worked to give to good work for Fonda and Farmiga, so I did try. 😟

I still think it turned out well and see actress nods for maybe both....

1 minute ago, Spagheditary said:

Might have turned out, I should add. I really worked to give to good work for Fonda and Farmiga, so I did try. 😟

I still think it turned out well and see actress nods for maybe both....

There’s only one way to repent:

Spoiler

Live2ream

Spoiler

And cast either Shuri or Pidge in Spark 4

• Like 1

Hide contents

Live2ream

Hide contents

And cast either Shuri or Pidge in Spark 4

You still have Shuri in Skylanders and Lost Earth next year.

Reveal hidden contents

I mean it was good - maybe just needed more beefing in parts and another editing pass...

6 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Best Original Screenplay will be interesting this year. Lot of potential contenders: By The Balls, Can You Imagine, Belmont Lane, Resonance, Sir Thymes Time, Lucid, Starlit, The Square Mile and Citizen Wells (maybe)

I don't know about, I think Resonance is gonna bomb. It was a bit of a rush job compounded by a busy few days up until the deadline, and the ending I can already tell is NOT going to be well received. (BTW for those 2.0 players who may be hesitant to review it, it is radically different from the 2.0 version)

Ah well, it did well in CAYOM 2.0. But it really doesn't fit in well with other Oscar contenders in this iteration.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1