cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I don't know about, I think Resonance is gonna bomb. It was a bit of a rush job compounded by a busy few days up until the deadline, and the ending I can already tell is NOT going to be well received. (BTW for those 2.0 players who may be hesitant to review it, it is radically different from the 2.0 version)

Ah well, it did well in CAYOM 2.0. But it really doesn't fit in well with other Oscar contenders in this iteration.

I thought it was pretty good, if it's any consolation 

Just now, Rorschach said:

I'm hoping Charlie Heaton gets some Oscar consideration for Tulpa. That's my hope for that film.

I guess I can hope for Giamatti, GGB or Hayek to get nominations for Resonance. Maybe an Original Score nod for Mica Levi, too.

From what’s been read so far, The Odyssey and Fortnite seem like the safest bets for BP noms. Spark 3 may not be far behind, and neither are By the Balls and Can You Imagine.

These unread films (or unread by a wider crowd) could be spoilers however:

Silent Hill: Restless Dreams

The Square Mile

Starlit Highway

The Dogs of Babel

23 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

From what’s been read so far, The Odyssey and Fortnite seem like the safest bets for BP noms. Spark 3 may not be far behind, and neither are By the Balls and Can You Imagine.

These unread films (or unread by a wider crowd) could be spoilers however:

Silent Hill: Restless Dreams

The Square Mile

Starlit Highway

The Dogs of Babel

Don’t forget Amulet II. Resonance and Tulpa can be dark horses as well.

• Like 1

You know I’ve got to say, I feel like I’m growing as a writer on here and I’m really proud of my main works this year (Blue and Gold, KOTS and CYI?) sure TPGOM was a bit of a disappointment but I can improve and I feel much more confident in my writing capabilities than in Y2 or Y3.