JJ-8

Investments - May 2012

Question! If I sold 40% of my Dark Shadows investment which was a total of 70%, am I still affected by the budget change by 70% or am I just affected by 30% (which remains after I sold the 40%)?

Only by the 30% as the other 40% has been sold.
  • Like 1

^ Correct Alfred....If you sell a movie, you sold it at the price you bought it at.. is not affected by any price rises or drops. BUTif you purchase a movie from another player, you are affected by the price changes (as would be expected)I essentially add the difference you pay to the total..for example:you bought 50% of movie x for 60m. It's original budget however was 80m to begin with. (ie. was worth 40m)BOM lists the final budget as 100m.The amount you paid was essentially 40m(original cost)+20m(premium paid to other player). your new payment would be:40m + 20m + 10m (difference between 50m (50% of 100m) & 40m) = 70m final budget. (hope this makes sense - this is how i have been doing this since game inception)

oh and Dark Shadows final GAME budget = Bom's Budget - ROUND((Bom's Budget - Game Budget - 20m)*(Bom's Budget - Game Budget - 20m)/Bom's Budget)I know it looks complicated but the final budget for DS is 133m for the game purposes. still ouchies though given it's opening.

Budget is remaining @ 220m. As the article noted - it was only mentioned in passing and may not be correct. I'm sticking with 220m until BOM releases the budget for the avengers. (the original budget of 170m seems low and the 260m is possibly high... so the 220m still seems good...)

and for all that thought this movie's budget was higher or lower... .220m was right on the money :D - as it's turning out even 260m would be a steal for this film ;)

Fantasy Box Office

Website Link - Fantasy Box Office Game Tracking Website

2012 Game - May Investments Thread

The following Movies are available and will become available for the month of May, 2012. You can invest in any film under the "Available Now" section if you have the money.

All Budgets are estimated and subject to change at release (if they aren't correct). See the rules for exactly how this is applied. Not all releases are shown below. If a film you want to invest isn't shown simply post you wish to invest in said film and if you have budget information, posting that also would help. Just remember you must be within 1 month of the release to invest in a film.

Available From Date

Release Date

Movie

Budget

RELEASED

Official

$ Earnt

% Return

RELEASED

04-May-12

The Avengers (2012)

220m

373.2m

70%

RELEASED

11-May-12

Dark Shadows

133m

28.8m

-78%

RELEASED

16-May-12

The Dictator

58m

0.0m

-100%

FULL

Estimated

% Available

Theatres

FULL

25-May-12

Chernobyl Diaries

1m

0%

Wide

AVAILABLE NOW

NOW

18-May-12

Battleship

200m

300%

Wide

NOW

18-May-12

What to expect when your expecting

50m

200%

Wide

NOW

25-May-12

MIB 3 (in 3-D)

215m

250%

Wide

FUTURE RELEASES

Updated to 15th May 2012

Ok i'm taking a risk... i think it will succeed in the US....

The Intouchables

Release Date = 25th May 2012

Theatres = 4 ~ I think it will expand significantly from this.

Budget = 9.5m Euros ~ 12.5m USD (this will be budget in the game though it's possible BOM posts it budget at 12m also which means we will update as required)

I'm investing 100% (12.5m) Posted Image

May Results & Investments
As of 21st May 2012.

Status

Release Date

Movie

Budget

RELEASED

Official

$ Earnt

% Return

RELEASED

04-May-12

The Avengers (2012)

220.0m

457.7m

108%

RELEASED

11-May-12

Dark Shadows

133.0m

50.7m

-62%

RELEASED

16-May-12

The Dictator

65.0m

24.5m

-62%

RELEASED

18-May-12

What to expect when your expecting

50.0m

10.5m

-79%

FULL

Estimated

% Available

Theatres

FULL

25-May-12

Chernobyl Diaries

1.0m

0%

2450+

AVAILABLE NOW

NOW

25-May-12

MIB 3 (in 3-D)

215.0m

250%

NOW

25-May-12

The Intouchables

12.5m

100%

100% Intouchables. Reduce investment from Brave if required.

yeah ok just FYI for everyone the other 100% is taken i think based on this (this is included in the updates i'm putting up now)