aabattery

Smallfoot (2018)

Grade It  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It

Like Alpha, Smallfoot is another animals vs people movie.   These seem to go as basic as you can get.  

Groups of animals don't know how to talk to one another and they play with each other differently with their mouths.   The animals are a slave to the earth with the rough predator/prey system.  Yetti's are the UFO's that make contact with the humans (Over the Hedge?). 

We don't know how to read animals thoughts, and we have an undefined history of the origins of our species, but watching this should have us roll our eyes at the failures we have done as the dominant species with controlling habitats for the animals and making Earth its own nature reality show.  We are so helpless against the animals, especially the birds.

The stoner culture separation was clever, the energetic pacing almost makes it an A-movie for me, the animation sometimes seems to reach Norm of the North levels of cheese, and i think you would need a companion book to reveal all the hidden themes/detail in this movie.

it barely missed the 8.5/10 mark for me with a B (84/100)