cookie

CAYOM Y5 - Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Slambros said:

I think, from my experience, formatting works better with word; flourishes such as italics and bold letters stay on the text much better. A tip: even if it's double-spaced on Word, if you're only pressing the Enter button one time in-between paragraphs, copy/pasting will not show any spaces between the paragraphs because it's only registering a single break in-between the paragraphs.

Also make sure that the formatting is something that BOT supports. There's a few things like fonts that BOT can't register.

If all else fails, you can simply post a link to the google document and have that be where people read. You can also email yourself the word document, open the document in Google Documents through the email, and post the link that way.

I always use a Google Docs link, but I kinda wanted to use some of the features the forum has and copy-paste and reformat the whole thing on-site is a massive pain in the rear.

5 hours ago, cookie said:

I always use a Google Docs link, but I kinda wanted to use some of the features the forum has and copy-paste and reformat the whole thing on-site is a massive pain in the rear.

It sure was a pain for me trying to C+P Counsel of the Dead onto the forums. That’s why I said “fuck it” and kept the third one as a google docs link.

17 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I just started using Google Docs this year, and have just been posting links due to laziness.

I don't think I'm posting anything on site anymore unless it's really short due to all the risks involved (an accidental slip of the mouse or a forum bug with editing existing posts I've ran into a lot lately can kill hours worth in an instant).

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I've never had any issues with posting directly on the site

When I copy-paste from one post on the forum to another everything's fine, but Google Docs or Word C&P is always messed up for me (either everything's bold or the paragraph spacing is out of whack).

Edited by cookie

Work on The Mona Lisa is going along smoothly. I just started writing it today. It's going to be something much smaller than my other queries, but I'm still happy to be putting it out there. I am basing it on information from WikiPedia articles for the most part; I might be wrong to do that, but I at least know of some interesting story beats I can hit, and a theme the story can exude. I'm hoping to finish it soon so I can move on to another one.

Plus, Face Paint will probably be uploaded sometime this coming weekend. My classmates will be sharing their criticisms on the original short story with me tomorrow.

Just as a heads up: If it gets finished I’ll put Johnny Test 2 on the schedule for everyone else’s sake, but other than that I won’t be acknowledging it with a review or predictions.

I understand it’s fun to write, but making an equally big-budget sequel to a huge flop that you know in advance everyone will hate, but entering it into the schedule/“competition” so to speak really does start to come across like trolling.

I’m sure that’s not your intent, but when you’re trying to claim things like IMAX slots, major actors, and a big name director, it has the same spoiling effect. It’s meant to be a joke for your benefit but by officially entering it into the game it affects other players. The main reason I canceled Ultraman 2 so early into the year is because I wasn’t comfortable using Michael Bay right after the first Johnny Test. Placing it on the schedule also affects where other people can put their stuff and how things might perform.

I’d personally prefer if we kept the outright joke/troll films segregated somehow, honestly. Some Netflix dumping ground sub-game or something. A way to be able to have that creative outlet without disrupting the main game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xillix said:

Just as a heads up: If it gets finished I’ll put Johnny Test 2 on the schedule for everyone else’s sake, but other than that I won’t be acknowledging it with a review or predictions.

I understand it’s fun to write, but making an equally big-budget sequel to a huge flop that you know in advance everyone will hate, but entering it into the schedule/“competition” so to speak really does start to come across like trolling.

I’m sure that’s not your intent, but when you’re trying to claim things like IMAX slots, major actors, and a big name director, it has the same spoiling effect. It’s meant to be a joke for your benefit but by officially entering it into the game it affects other players. The main reason I canceled Ultraman 2 so early into the year is because I wasn’t comfortable using Michael Bay right after the first Johnny Test. Placing it on the schedule also affects where other people can put their stuff and how things might perform.

I’d personally prefer if we kept the outright joke/troll films segregated somehow, honestly. Some Netflix dumping ground sub-game or something. A way to be able to have that creative outlet without disrupting the main game.

Look I’m going to be honest, I’m having a writers block, had fun writing the first and I also sort of want to vent with Lego 2 underperforming. Though now, I sort of regret putting on their in the first place sort of what you said and also I’m not sure if I want to do one again. If everyone is okay with it, I’ll remove from the schedule and we can act like it never happened. 

I have nothing against troll movies - sometimes it's fun to just have a laugh - but I do agree if they take up talent and resources that could be better spent on projects that people are actually putting effort into then they shouldn't be pushed out like that. That's why I slammed that Jonny Jonny movie so hard last year (no Pasta/Blanks, I still don't buy that it was supposed to be legit).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Look I’m going to be honest, I’m having a writers block, had fun writing the first and I also sort of want to vent with Lego 2 underperforming. Though now, I sort of regret putting on their in the first place sort of what you said and also I’m not sure if I want to do one again. If everyone is okay with it, I’ll remove from the schedule and we can act like it never happened. 

To be clear I'm not upset at you or anything! You can still write it and post it somewhere and I mean if you REALLY want to enter it formally it's not technically against the rules. Just one man's opinion.

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

To be clear I'm not upset at you or anything! You can still write it and post it somewhere and I mean if you REALLY want to enter it formally it's not technically against the rules. Just one man's opinion.

I get that but I’m still having second thoughts. If I do it, I’ll use a smaller director but whom is the question. And even then do I realistically want to make a sequel to a bomb (though I can make a cheaply one and made it flash animated and R rated). I wouldn’t mind sending it to Netflix all things considered but I don’t know how or even if that can factor in the game

In unrelated news, earlier this week I promised Pasta/YM a TSW2 pre-read today but had to push it back because I got really sick, but I feel like I have the strength so I can finish smaller stuff today/tomorrow and get the big gun to them by this time next week. So expect more of Scrooge 0.5 shortly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I get that but I’m still having second thoughts. If I do it, I’ll use a smaller director but whom is the question. And even then do I realistically want to make a sequel to a bomb (though I can make a cheaply one and made it flash animated and R rated). I wouldn’t mind sending it to Netflix all things considered but I don’t know how or even if that can factor in the game

I mean it doesn't need to be a big thing. I mentioned in the Magazine thread there were gonna be Netflix sequels to Doom and SoulCalibur but I didn't actually write them. I doubt anyone would object to having some kind of open direct-to-video thread outside of gameplay for people who just have an impractical idea they want to write and let people read on here.

• Like 1

Just now, Xillix said:

I mean it doesn't need to be a big thing. I mentioned in the Magazine thread there were gonna be Netflix sequels to Doom and SoulCalibur but I didn't actually write them. I doubt anyone would object to having some kind of open direct-to-video thread outside of gameplay for people who just have an impractical idea they want to write and let people read on here.

Maybe. Thinking about if I do JT2, I’m going to make it R rated and a low budget flash animated film and attach Tony Leonids (Igor, Emoji Movie), and drop some big name actors but I just think it’s for the best to can it as of now and say it’s on Netflix 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Jonathan Liebesman.

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

Jonathan Liebesman.

He doesn't really do animated stuff though.

I've used him before and may again in the future but he's not on my slate this year.

Edited by Xillix