cookie

CAYOM Y5 - Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Oh boy, looks like One Punch Man is gonna be another long one 😬

I'm roughly 7,500 words in and I've basically written the equivalent of the first 3 episodes... of a 12 episode season. 

On pace for 30k words. Scavvers is getting afraid.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

On pace for 30k words. Scavvers is getting afraid.

Well, like I said, I'm condensing most of the of the middle of the season. I pretty much adapted the first three episodes as they're very much important to setting up the the overarching narrative of the rest of the movie. 

I'm aiming for under 20,000 but we'll see if that comes to fruition. Thinking about it, it'd be hilarious to hold the record for word count. 

:Venom:

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

So only 30,228 words instead of 30,229?

:sparta:

For the record I've done a revised version of the original that's shaved off a decent bit and I want the second film to fall well under that.

Just now, cookie said:

For the record I've done a revised version of the original that's shaved off a decent bit and I want the second film to fall well under that.

I will be trying to read some of the predecessors of the sequels this year to have stuff fresh in my mind when I go into the new films, something I haven't done yet so far in this game. I definitely need a refresher on Voltron and especially Scavvies. 

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I will be trying to read some of the predecessors of the sequels this year to have stuff fresh in my mind when I go into the new films, something I haven't done yet so far in this game. I definitely need a refresher on Voltron and especially Scavvies. 

The revised version is getting a re-release in early Y5 (it's basically finished, just waiting on Part II being done) and has a drastically altered epilogue so if you're going back I recommend you take a look at that.

You don't need to refresh yourself that much on Voltron to get through the third one, mainly just on how the second one went down.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

AmDrag 3 is really, REALLY fucking hard on me you guys. Was not expecting this to feel so complicated, haha.

Once I'm done I'm done, I don't see myself going back and really doing serious edits/revisions because I've spent way too much time on it already. So if it winds up being a total mess I apologize in advance :x

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

You don't need to refresh yourself that much on Voltron to get through the third one, mainly just on how the second one went down.

Eh I'm probably gonna re-read em' anyway, since I'm blanking on what even happened in the first film. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Xillix said:

AmDrag 3 is really, REALLY fucking hard on me you guys. Was not expecting this to feel so complicated, haha.

Once I'm done I'm done, I don't see myself going back and really doing serious edits/revisions because I've spent way too much time on it already. So if it winds up being a total mess I apologize in advance :x

Btw, you can have Jon Turtletaub back for the third film if you want him. Expedition Everest ain't happening this year (partially due to the Liam Neeson controversy and mostly lack of time).

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Eh I'm probably gonna re-read em' anyway, since I'm blanking on what even happened in the first film. 

Just watch the pilot episode on Netflix and then start reading after they first defeat Sendak and you're basically good. :hahaha:

Edited by cookie

Just now, Rorschach said:

Btw, you can have Jon Turtletaub back for the third film if you want him. Expedition Everest ain't happening this year (partially due to the Liam Neeson controversy and mostly lack of time).

Thanks but no thanks. I think it's good to have someone with actual Chinese heritage close out the trilogy. Plus it's partially set in/around Hong Kong so I feel like it's a good fit especially for this one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xillix said:

I hit backspace to try and delete some text. My cursor was out of the post box. I went back to the last page.

I lost over 1,000 words of the climax.

One of many reasons not to do your writing directly on this forum (I swear, just editing the TSW2 post is a nightmare).

Edited by cookie

At this point this movie has caused me enough grief that it's nothing but a chore and I have no choice but to make myself not care to avoid going crazy.

The third act is gonna be a bullet point summary now. Whoopee.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Speaking of 30K word film how long is Pillars 2?

But to be less coy I'm trying to finish the plot outline tonight. That will make the writing easier.

Currently in the big third act cross-cutting showdown sequence