SLAM!

*Y5 Oscar Nomination Announcement!* (Remember that everything is due by Tuesday May 7th 11:59 PM)

Heads up, slambros; my trailer is not done and won’t be done until up to the ceremony’s beginning. I can send it to you as soon as it’s done but if that’s understandably inconvenient, I can drop it after the ceremony anyway. Sorry for severely misestimating my time ahhh

44 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Bold and crazy prediction: The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl wins Best Animated Feature for the same reason of what I assume Treasure Planet won best visual effects: sabotaging the competition.

For the record I meant as in Spaghetti, Numbers and Rorschach putting the competition in low enough spots to increase their favor, and SG getting enough places in number 2, and maybe a first place for one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Heads up, slambros; my trailer is not done and won’t be done until up to the ceremony’s beginning. I can send it to you as soon as it’s done but if that’s understandably inconvenient, I can drop it after the ceremony anyway. Sorry for severely misestimating my time ahhh

You can send it to me as soon as it's done, even if you finish it during the ceremony, and I'll fit it in.

Edited by Slambros
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

I will laugh my ass off if Sylvarius wins beats TLBH by one point. Pure poetry.

21 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

But Fantasia 

You know out of three, I probably might want to give the crown between Sylvarius and 2LBH for my personal favorite animated film of the year as the former grew on me over time. In my honest opinion it’ll be Sylvarius that wins.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

You know out of three, I probably might want to give the crown between Sylvarius and 2LBH for my personal favorite animated film of the year as the former grew on me over time. In my honest opinion it’ll be Sylvarius that wins.

I can't really see 2LBH winning tbh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Now I hope it wins to spite y’all

It’s not personally, hell I love it better than the original. I just think that Sylvarius will do an upset and has more of a chance. It’s between it and Sylvarius for BAF and I can see either way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It’s not personally, hell I love it better than the original. I just think that Sylvarius will do an upset and has more of a chance. It’s between it and Sylvarius for BAF and I can see either way.

I’m just being a drama queen - I’d be shocked if Sylvarius doesn’t win. I don’t expect to win much this year, which I totally accept. :)

• Like 1

If the voting tally matched their CC placements (which I kinda doubt), the results would be like this:

Fantasia - 28

Medusa - 12

Sylvarius - 29

TLBH - 38

Squirrel Girl - 28

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, cookie said:

Is the ceremony at 8 Eastern? Should have my preview sent by 7.

Sorry for my belated response.

Yes, the ceremony will be held at 8 pm tonight.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1