SLAM!

*Y5 Oscar Nomination Announcement!* (Remember that everything is due by Tuesday May 7th 11:59 PM)

So here's a message for everyone:

I have stated that I want to hold the Oscar ceremony Wednesday night at 8:00 pm. This is still my goal, though I do forsee a timeline where I fail to start the ceremony by that time. This is because my family member wants to help me move my things out of dorm room on Wednesday--though I have no idea of knowing what time of day the family member is going to do this. I will try to handle this as quickly as possible regardless of what time I do this, but do not be alarmed if I am momentarily absent at the declared starting time of the ceremony. I will post all of the Oscar results on Wednesday night, no matter what.

God forbid this happens,but in the event that the family member comes to help during the ceremony, I will post a sentence that includes the word 'intermission'--bolded and typed in all caps.

I might prepare pre-show happenstance and the first round of winner announcements for a volunteer to post in the event of me initially being absent.

I do apologize for the possibility of such delays.

• Like 5

General Statement:

If I do not receive Oscar clips for performance awards, I will search through films to find one, but with me, there's no guarantee that I pick an ideal clip. I heartily recommend that the writers choose Oscar clips themselves.

26 minutes ago, Slambros said:

General Statement:

If I do not receive Oscar clips for performance awards, I will search through films to find one, but with me, there's no guarantee that I pick an ideal clip. I heartily recommend that the writers choose Oscar clips themselves.

They can still be excerpts from text? And voice nominees apply too?

i most definitely won't have my preview done tonight; currently rushing the acceptance speeches. is it cool if i send it in tomorrow mid-day or would that be a no-go?

Edited by Blankments

3 hours ago, Blankments said:

i most definitely won't have my preview done tonight; currently rushing the acceptance speeches. is it cool if i send it in tomorrow mid-day or would that be a no-go?

That's alright!

• Thanks 1

Hello:

So I'm really excited about the amount of Y6 previews I've been getting.

I want to say that once I know concretely the amount of people sending me previews, I will be deciding the order that the previews are shown in by coin flips--so whether your preview is shown first or last or in the middle of the griddle will be completely up to chance. If anyone objects to this, please let me know.

• Like 1

A few announcements:

• I have double checked the ballot tally for potential errors, and I am pleased to report that the results have all been counted correctly.
  • I have done my coin flipping, and the preview order has been finalized. I am going to leave it as a surprise as to which preview goes where.
  • I have decided on the pairs of celebrities presenting awards tonight.
  • All that's really left for me to do before the ceremony tonight is choose my own Oscar clips and write descriptions of the Original Song performances.

18 minutes ago, Slambros said:

A few announcements:

• I have double checked the ballot tally for potential errors, and I am pleased to report that the results have all been counted correctly.
  • I have done my coin flipping, and the preview order has been finalized. I am going to leave it as a surprise as to which preview goes where.
  • I have decided on the pairs of celebrities presenting awards tonight.
  • All that's really left for me to do before the ceremony tonight is choose my own Oscar clips and write descriptions of the Original Song performances.

What time are the Oscars coming?

Bold and crazy prediction: The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl wins Best Animated Feature for the same reason of what I assume Treasure Planet won best visual effects: sabotaging the competition.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1