FlashMaster659

Monday - EG 38-40m

8 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

. . . .

At the rate it is going, is it likely to hit a billion domestic?

I'd hit the brakes on that. For now.

A figure like that indicates spillover, which indicates the drops on Wednesday and Thursday may be steeper than we anticipate. The Thursday number in particular will be a very important number. From there we can take a good stab at the 2nd weekend and beyond.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

. . . .

At the rate it is going, is it likely to hit a billion domestic?

Yes. 

Pre-Thursday I had it pegged at $700 million or more. I thought it would be incredible to do THAT much over IW. HA!

Then previews came in and estimates around at theaters were insane. I had it approaching Avatar's domestic. HA!

Then Friday came and it was approaching $80 million TRUE Friday. I figured it would beat Avatar at that point. Ha!

Over $90 million TRUE Friday, over $150 million OD and over $100 million Saturday. When it was reported to be $315-$330 million OW, I was stunned by the prospect of it hitting $800 million. Unbelievable! Ha!

Then $350 million came and it looked like it would hit $900 million and maybe beat TFA. Sad face for me!!!

Now....a $40 million Monday that is NOT over the holidays. It will make $125-$135 million MIDWEEK. Yeah, $1 billion domestic is happening and is happening in June.

$3.1-$3.2 billion WW.