baumer

The Lion King (2019)

Grade it  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

On 7/24/2019 at 9:49 AM, BK007 said:

My question is why did any of you expect any different? 

Why did you even pay to support this crap given that Aladdin, BATB, Maleficent and Alice in Wonderland already exist? 

*shakes head*

What the FUCK??!!

As if there's something better than Aladdin in current American film-making...

After finally seeing Jon Favreau’s TLK...here is my reaction: 🙋🏻‍♀️😄👍🏻

Yeah, after so many others here who either hated it or just didn’t care for it....i’ll finally be the first really positive one in a long time.

I think it really captured what made the original 2D-animated 1994 film a masterpiece. Even though that one will still be the untouched gem, Favreau’s version is a respectable & worthy successor. The characters are still memorable as always and like most said...the visuals and effects are gorgeous & stunning to look at. As a follow up to Favreau’s previous Disney remake, ”The Jungle Book”, he did do an admirable job with this one.

Now, i can understand why some folks had some nitpicks with the characters not showing so much facial expressions or that the story might be too similar to the 1994-film...but for me, I have no problem. Sure, the animals in TLK (2019) didn’t show much emotions...but then again...(and it might be an odd comparison to some here) neither did the dinosaurs from the JP/JW-films. Granted those dinosaurs didn’t talk in those movies, but I do understand Favreau’s decisions to make it as realistic as he can, while still giving the characters some emotions to convey. Since animals rely more on animal instincts.

So, Yeah....Jon Favreau’s TLK gets a defense from me. And i don’t think it deserved the lower than expected RT-rating from critics. It’s pretty much the ”Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” of this year’s summer. A huge billion-grossing box office smash that sadly ended up having mixed reception from critics and some moviegoers didn’t care much for.

This one gets an A from me.

A+

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34