Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

the other thing with Leicester Square is capacity screen1 is about 1863 seats, most multiplexes even on multiple screens have hard time getting that level and OLS quite often sells out but they also don't offer flexibility in sessions .

How well does The BFI IMAX do in comparison, I know they tend to sell out when they have big films like Prometheus and TDKR but they're single screen so are limited to what they can show,

How well does The BFI IMAX do in comparison, I know they tend to sell out when they have big films like Prometheus and TDKR but they're single screen so are limited to what they can show,

Do quite well with Avatar for example BFI London was the highest grossing single screen in world and 2nd biggest for single format(ie theatre that might have run 2d+ 3d etc) for entire run, Leicster square with Avatar was from memory in top 5 for single screen and I thing 6/7 for single format and given the fact it only ran 6 weeks there, BFI ran over a year (few weeks no screening) Top OP WE at BFI Imax have been Avatar,TDK, TDKR, Prom, HPOOF all over 120k

Wow this is doing so well on weekdays. Around £1.44m so far. Today will push that up to at least £2.6m or so, maybe a little more, so it could potentially get around £3.5m for weekdays. That'd put it near £11m already and £13-14m at the end of the weekend.

I doubt it'll make it to £20m due to massive upcoming competition. Should do £17-18m though, which Is excellent.

Yeah, I think Taken 2 will just fall short of £20M too, shame really as an extra £20M+ film of 2012 would be great!

Both Westfields! I love Wesfield so much. I'm literally there all the time. The Sheperd's Bush one, that is.

Same, always go to the Vue in Westfield White City (Sheperd's Bush). I'll look out for someone in a pirate outfit named Heretic next time I'm there. :P

Vue Westfield 17 biggest weekend, HP7pt2 we1 256k

and are you ready for it

biggest O Leicester Squ weekend , since 1991

HP7pt2 we1 348k

Wow, amazing numbers put up by just 2 cinemas for DH2 OW.
  • Like 1

RTH will probably have numbers later, but if yesterday did £770k, then today will definitely get over £1m easily. Maybe nearer £1.5m, Tonights shows are all already full. Most will sell out.

£1.5m seem a bit high considering its been out a few days, £1m is likely I agree.

£1.5m seem a bit high considering its been out a few days, £1m is likely I agree.

Well, it did almost £0.8m yesterday, and Orange Wednesdays are by FAR the busiest day during the week. Maybe not £1.5m, but I could see £1.2-1.3m happening for sure.

Taken 2, Sinister and Looper are all absolutely KILLING it tonight! Cinema's must be absolutely rammed everywhere.God knows what it'll be like next Wednesday, with PA4 (Huge OD likely), Mad 3 and Frankenweenie all added to the mix. Can't even imagine.

Edited by Heretic