Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I imagine most of the advance bookings are restricted to one or two screens then expand nearer the release date, the length of Skyfall will prevent it from having a lot of showtimes but it'll make up for that with more screens.

Well, at my local cineworld the only time they've opened up more than one screen to book before the 2 week barrier was DH2 as it had both 2D and 3D.

Bond won't start selling out until later this week at the earliest. It is not a massive OD, rabid fan, frontloaded kinda film as HP was so hard to compare to DH2.For example, Westfield London (the #1 UK cinema, as we all know) still has plenty of seats left for OD shows.Cinemas can just keep adding more shows and there will be more walk in business than pre-bookings compared to fan-films like HP and Twilight.Of course though, it will have a great OW!

Edited by JCS

1 Taken 2 (20th Century Fox) £3,743,046 £14,495,2842 Hotel Transylvania (Sony) £1,734,231 £1,734,2313 Sinister (Momentum) £1,259,405 £3,698,3634 Looper (eOne) £1,175,220 £7,566,4855 The Perks Of Being A Wallflower (eOne) £397,869 £1,546,2906 Ruby Sparks (20th Century Fox) £299,382 £299,3827 One The Road (Lionsgate) £218,738 £218,7388 ParaNorman (Universal) £212,810 £5,617,1629 The Campaign (Warner Brothers) £170,286 £2,108,21210 Untouchable (Entertainment) £144,432 £1,301,345Looper's still doing very well. Should reach £10m.

Skyfall just sold out it's 20:15 show at my local cineworld! This is earlier than I thought it would. Why can't I see this Opening Fucking Night?! I'm going to go out on a massive limb here, It's going to match DH1 at minimum.http://www.cineworld.co.uk/whatson?cinema=20#cinema=20&date=advanced

Edited by Schumacher FTW

Wow so you think it'll top £18m? That'd be absolutely incredible, and would guarantee at least £60m. Leicester squares 1'700 seater has sold out at 20:30. Never seen that happen this early.

I'd stake cash on it if I had any! I think we're in for something special next week. While the reception to QoS was lukewarm at best, Bond is a completely different entity to any other franchise. They always stand alone in the eyes of the public, and can easily be joined by the uninitiated. The fact that there's been enough time for Joe Public to forget about QoS, have some corking reviews in front of them and a theme song by the hottest artist in the country, I think 18m is achievable.

Certainly would be the most surprising story of the year.

PA4 is doing quite well...I doubt it's going to have a huge OD, but it should still be decent. Taken 2 on the other hand isn't showing any signs of slowing down at all. It's still selling out and much to my shock, at least around my area, it seems to be doing even better than PA4...

Yeah. I thought it'd be mental for PA4. The shows tonight are quite full, but Taken 2 once again is killing it.And Sinister is still packed too. I assume that's taking some of PA4's audience away. But I'm not surprised. I just watched it and it was absolutely appalling compared to the other 3.