Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Hmm..Well it has a very large number of showtimes but the shows themselves haven't been very full so far today. Hard to predict. It seems pre-sales are better for this evening so it should manage maybe £0.75m, and then over £3m for the 5 day. Not amazing, but solid.

Hmm..Well it has a very large number of showtimes but the shows themselves haven't been very full so far today. Hard to predict. It seems pre-sales are better for this evening so it should manage maybe £0.75m, and then over £3m for the 5 day. Not amazing, but solid.

How is it compared to other blockbusters this year?

Pretty disapointing IMO

How is it compared to other blockbusters this year?

There's nothing really to compare, but from cinemas around me it looked like it was doing at least better than Wrath, and that opened over £2m for the 3 day...it'll probably do ok numbers but nothing more.

Found it. 171m. Smaller than France, but in general I'd say Hollywood films do better in the UK than anywhere else in Europe. They have loads of local movies that make a killing over there, like for example The Intouchables.

Found it. 171m. Smaller than France, but in general I'd say Hollywood films do better in the UK than anywhere else in Europe. They have loads of local movies that make a killing over there, like for example The Intouchables.

Still.. Huge numbers from the UK are getting futher and futher apart IMOVery disapointing

It may just be a case of the movies themselves. Battleship looks like pure bollocks anyway so I'm glad it may 'disappoint'. The good films this year have posted good numbers. There are loads of other reasons though.I mean 2011 did improve and was one of the best attended years of the last decade. Remember, it's also the exchange rate. A few years ago it was £1 to over $2. Now it's like $1.5-1.6. That's makes a HUGE difference. In pounds though, the BO is doing very well. 3rd year in a row over £1bn.France also has FAR more theaters than the UK and hundreds of local films that boost its BO. If you look at the yearly charts its clear the UK is bigger than France when it comes to English-speaking films.