Eric Prime

Fear Street Part III: 1666 (2021)

Fear Street Part III: 1666 (2021)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

Pretty much two movies in one.

The first half is a near brilliant piece in period tension, and elevates the trilogy to its peak. The ensemble puts on their best performances, it rips in emotion, it really needed to be a feature length film to itself.

The second half is an effective capper to the plot threads from the prior two films, but you can’t help but feel a bit jarred from the tonal shift. It’s not as if this section is bad though, it’s actually stronger than the first two parts as well.

Overall, Janiak’s three part horror experiment pays off in spades.

^I'm pretty much the opposite. Thought the first half sucked, boring, bad acting across the board. The second half was pretty fun and basically saved it. '78 was the only properly good one but this was at least a little better than '94.

• Like 1

I agree the first half is pretty awful and boring. It doesn't help that all of the actors feel completely out of place in colonial 17th century. The second half is pretty decent fun, and saves it from being completely bad. But overall, it feels like two separate films smashed into one, and neither one compliments the other in any capacity. I definitely feel like I would've enjoyed this franchise more as a miniseries, because as a whole, it feels like one giant and bloated six-hour horror film. Not a completely awful trilogy by any means, but I doubt I'd ever want to revisit it again.

2/5

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1