The Wild Eric

Disney+ MCU: Agatha: Coven of Chaos | Kathryn Hahn will return

2 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

That makes zero sense. The show has been released since Sept. 18th. They've had plenty of time to talk about it.

The truth is, few people care. But so far I think it's good, surprisingly.

Judging Agatha interest by BOT interest makes no sense lmao. There's LOTS of chatter on Twitter, though much of it is Wanda centric based on the reveals in the premiere episodes, so Wanda was trending. The true signifier were the 2500+ viewer ratings on RT versus the measly 500+ for Penguin. For comparisons with a non-CBM, "biggish" show, Shogun has 1000+ ratings.

Also the numbers for the Aubrey Plaza and Patti Lupone Hot Ones video is closing in fast on the Glen Powell and Daisy Edgar-Jones one despite being out for just 13 days, so there's definitely interest. Fortunately though, it's not attracting the level of haterade as an Acolyte. Interested to see where the premiere ranked amongst MCU show starts in viewer numbers.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

I  am in the 

6 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

I was terrified by the first half of the first episode. And then realized what was happening and the bad overacting was purposeful. Ever since the flip happened, it's actually been great. Hahn is excellent.

WIthink two minutes I knew thissegment  was baiscally like the sit coms in Wandavision,. except it was a cop show.

I am really enjoying this. I like  it's clear the just about every big fantasy/magic based movie or TV shows is going to get kidding  in this. They worked in a Wizard of Oz reference in the first minute (" Most Sincerly  Dead"). And you know the Potter  witching universe is going to get big time kidding.

The whole cast is good, And Hahn got a chance to show her musical talents..she has done a lot of musical theater...with 'The Witching Road Ballad*)

It is different then your typical CB Series, which is why some CBM fans here have problem siwht it Same old story: Fanboys claim they want somehting new and different, but it you give it to them they don't like it.

It probably won't happen in this series, but sooner or later Agatha is going to  run into Stephan Strange.

And Hahn's 'Babies Are Delicioius" line cracked me up.

Hahn is yet another Northwestern ALumni; No doubt, Northwestern deserves it reputation as having the best theater program in the US.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Judging Agatha interest by BOT interest makes no sense lmao. There's LOTS of chatter on Twitter, though much of it is Wanda centric based on the reveals in the premiere episodes, so Wanda was trending. The true signifier were the 2500+ viewer ratings on RT versus the measly 500+ for Penguin. For comparisons with a non-CBM, "biggish" show, Shogun has 1000+ ratings.

Also the numbers for the Aubrey Plaza and Patti Lupone Hot Ones video is closing in fast on the Glen Powell and Daisy Edgar-Jones one despite being out for just 13 days, so there's definitely interest. Fortunately though, it's not attracting the level of haterade as an Acolyte. Interested to see where the premiere ranked amongst MCU show starts in viewer numbers.

Maybe people thing it's a better show then Acoluyte.

Lapone is incredible . I had a chance to see her live in "Sweeny Todd" and she was amazing.

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Yeah wanda remains a highly popular character despite the fact that the last movie she starred in got mixed reviews. 

After the BO crash of The Marvels, Wanda is arguably the MCU's most popular female character right now (counting out Black Widow as she's already been replaced). If they bring her back, well it'd be a smart move I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Yeah wanda remains a highly popular character despite the fact that the last movie she starred in got mixed reviews. 

After the BO crash of The Marvels, Wanda is arguably the MCU's most popular female character right now (counting out Black Widow as she's already been replaced). If they bring her back, well it'd be a smart move I think.

Of course Wanda is coming back. That is a given. You don't think signed a long term contract with Elizabeth Olsen just for the fun of it?

10 hours ago, dudalb said:

Of course Wanda is coming back. That is a given. You don't think signed a long term contract with Elizabeth Olsen just for the fun of it?

I wasn't aware that she signed a contract. When was that? I know she said she'd be open to coming back in an interview though, but that's it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

I wasn't aware that she signed a contract. When was that? I know she said she'd be open to coming back in an interview though, but that's it.

DIsney signs almost all of it's stars to long contracts with options to extend. SOP in the film business when franchsie charecters are invovled.

Fun third episode. 

Agatha is beginning to be more sympathiteic, she actully show fear and some compassion toward others in this episode

And anyboyd else pick up on the  Mephisto reference? In the MCU, these kind of references usually are the start of a build up to a new major villian or hero coming into the MCU.

• Like 1