Eric S'ennui

Despicable Me 4 | July 3, 2024

39 minutes ago, YM! said:

I see they kept the lore of Minions working for evil as they are official CIA agents in this one.

Kids don't care about the plot, they are only here for the twinkies doing funny stuff over and over. While parents get a 90 minute break from having to look after their kids.

Illumination knows what they are doing by knowing their audience. Disney could learn a thing or too from them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Kids don't care about the plot, they are only here for the twinkies doing funny stuff over and over. While parents get a 90 minute break from having to look after their kids.

Illumination knows what they are doing by knowing their audience. Disney could learn a thing or too from them.

Outside of Elio, they’re making endless sequels to all of their successful animated films for the foreseeable future, so they definitely learned something from Illumination.

Edited by Speedorito

8 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

Outside of Elio, they’re making endless sequels to all of their successful animated films for the foreseeable future, so they definitely learned something from Illumination.

What's funny is Disney used to be the king of animated films, marketing them, merchandising it, and putting it in their theme parks.

But Universal parks and Illumination is giving them real competition. They learned from the best.

At least competition is a good thing. Competition makes everything better.

I don't think that should be give everything a sequel, but make better movies is difficult.

Back to DM4, the superhero stuff looks dated and them desperately courting MCU fanboys who won't care about this movie at all. CBM bubble burst in 2023 already.

• Like 1

Despicable Me 4 Happy Meal toys coming

They are REALLY pushing the Mega Minions superpowered characters. Expecting them to be big sellers this year I guess. These DM4  toys are way better than the Inside Out 2 Happy Meal toys for sure.

On 5/10/2024 at 7:38 PM, Mojoguy said:

Forgot to respond but the joke was the Minions are still working for evil as they work for the CIA.

• Like 1