Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Yeah you can't compare any past weekend numbers,  Prior to 13-Mar-14 Weekend 3 days Fri-Sun, from 13-Mar 14 weekend 4 days Thu-Sun. Only that you can assume a certain % of Thursday morviegoers would have gone Fri-Sun in past. similar Issue when Italy changed opening days back in 2012

Edited by Rth

Ignore the fact that this is a 4-day opening and let's compare the numbers...

Rio - 1.134.058 admissions / $8.3m (R$ 13m ~ 13.5m)

Rio 2 - 1.241.985 admissions / $7.3m (R$ 16.5m ~ 17m)

I'm cosidering 7.3 and not 7.9 because brazilian box office is always a bit overestimated.

Rio 2 would've grossed 10.5m ~ 11m if exchange rates had stayed flat since 2011.

I'm not sure if 3D was bigger in 2011 when it was something new or if it's bigger now that it's more widespread.

We're not Russia, so movies aren't frontloaded here and I guess Rio 2 will have a better multiplier than the prequel. So I'm throwing a 37m prediction right now. a bit more than Despicable Me 2.

Edited by JohnnY
  • Like 1

Ignore the fact that this is a 4-day opening and let's compare the numbers...

Rio - 1.134.058 admissions / $8.3m (R$ 13m ~ 13.5m)

Rio 2 - 1.241.985 admissions / $7.3m (R$ 16.5m ~ 17m)

I'm cosidering 7.3 and not 7.9 because brazilian box office is always a bit overestimated.

Rio 2 would've grossed 10.5m ~ 11m if exchange rates had stayed flat since 2011.

I'm not sure if 3D was bigger in 2011 when it was something new or if it's bigger now that it's more widespread.

We're not Russia, so movies aren't frontloaded here and I guess Rio 2 will have a better multiplier than the prequel. So I'm throwing a 37m prediction right now. a bit more than Despicable Me 2.

Better legs than the first movie?No way!

• Like 1

Better legs than the first movie?No way!

The first movie didn't have good legs, actually, it was only 4x. Although I don't really know if that was on par with other animations from that year.

Despicable Me 2 6.2x

Frozen 6.05x

Wreck it Ralph 6.05x

The Croods 4.9x

Monsters University 4.6x

Cloudy 2 4.1x

I'm judging based on these 3 last movies that were released on non-holiday period.

Rio 2 really wasn't that frontloaded, it definitely would have less admissions in a 3-day weekend, so I expect at least a 4.5x multiplier ($33m)