Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Argentina won,every team I support loses. :PI'm a soccer sucker (admit it guys : that's a great play on words :P )

Tell me about it.

I just need The Netherlands to Win to stop my 3-0 drought. 

• Like 1

According to Filme BAdmissions in 2012 : 148.8 millionAdmissions in 2013 : 151 million (+1.5%)It's slowly increasing,we can see the growth in dollars in 2013 was much better than the growth in admissions,meaning much of the growth came from ticket prices.By the way,people from Brazil : Do you feel the increase of ticket prices?

According to Filme BAdmissions in 2012 : 148.8 millionAdmissions in 2013 : 151 million (+1.5%)It's slowly increasing,we can see the growth in dollars in 2013 was much better than the growth in admissions,meaning much of the growth came from ticket prices.By the way,people from Brazil : Do you feel the increase of ticket prices?

Then, we can have the average ticket price. That site that I put says that Brazilian Market in 2013 was 0,9 billion dolars.Then, around US$ 6,00 was the average ticket price (because of the half price for students and seniors).In USA, average ticket price is US$ 7,96. Edited by Ajbg

Tell me about it.I just need The Netherlands to Win to stop my 3-0 drought.

Ahaha indeed :pI'm fine with both NED / CR because they are both underdogs.However Netherlands would be better,they have better chance at beating Argentina :)

I don't know because I don't remember how much they used to cost.

Actually, it depends of the conversion rate. Not for us, cause we pay in reais.But the conversion rate change the average price in Dollars. Edited by Ajbg

Actually, it depends of the conversion rate. Not for us, cause we pay in reais.But the conversion rate change the average price in Dollars.

Can you provide ticket prices in reais? With that we could know how high the increase is. :)Inflation in Brazil reaches 6% this year,but ticket prices could be different.

Then, we can have the average ticket price. That site that I put says that Brazilian Market in 2013 was 0,9 billion dolars.Then, around US$ 6,00 was the average ticket price (because of the half price for students and seniors).In USA, average ticket price is US$ 7,96.

Oh indeed it's not so cheap,the average income in the US is much higher than in Brazil and yet the average ticket price is pretty similar.

Can you provide ticket prices in reais? With that we could know how high the increase is. :)Inflation in Brazil reaches 6% this year,but ticket prices could be different.

It depends of the city, place and day of the week. And 3D price is higher.You can get today price in: cinemark.com.br; cinesystem.com.br; cinespaco.com.br, etc.But You will not have one price, like I said, because it depends.I can say that in my city 2014 price is around 10% bigger than 2013.And the price is R$19,00 - R$ 22,00 for 2D movies (half for students and seniors) at weekends.But There are more expensive cities.
  • Like 1

It depends of the city, place and day of the week. And 3D price is higher.You can get today price in: cinemark.com.br; cinesystem.com.br; cinespaco.com.br, etc.But You will not have one price, like I said, because it depends.I can say that in my city 2014 price is around 10% bigger than 2013.And the price is R$19,00 - R$ 22,00 for 2D movies (half for students and seniors) at weekends.But There are more expensive cities.

I see.Thanks anyway :) Edited by Fullbuster

According to Filme BAdmissions January 2013-May 2013 : 59.3 millionJanuary 2014-May 2014 : 64 million (+9.6%)However June should fall quite hard given the WC,even if Dragon 2,Maleficent,The Fault in our Stars and DOFP should limit the damages.July won't be easy to predict,if Brazil loses next Tuesday an increase is possible if TF4 and Apes 2 are performing well.

• Like 1

Brazil is the fourth biggest territory for Captain America 2 behind China, and almost on par with UK and Korea and well beyond France,Germany and Russia.That's great,superheroes have a great future there,I have great hopes for The Avengers 2 :D And I feel GOTG will do very well there.

• Like 2

Brazil is the fourth biggest territory for Captain America 2 behind China, and almost on par with UK and Korea and well beyond France,Germany and Russia.That's great,superheroes have a great future there,I have great hopes for The Avengers 2 :D And I feel GOTG will do very well there.

Brazil LOVES superheroes. They will never fail here.

• Like 1