Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Hey, Yoshi, the Workers' Party finance guy, João Vaccari Neto, was arrested today on corruption charges. If gets proven that he used dirty money on Dilma Rousseff's campaign, she'll get an impeachment. Right now she has 63% rejection, if I'm not mistaken, because of the corruption scandal on Petrobras, and only 13% approve her government. 

If I knew that she was involved in that, I'd never have voted for her last year. Right now I see that I should've voted for Aécio Neves, even hating his guts.

• Like 1

Hey, Yoshi, the Workers' Party finance guy, João Vaccari Neto, was arrested today on corruption charges. If gets proven that he used dirty money on Dilma Rousseff's campaign, she'll get an impeachment. Right now she has 63% rejection, if I'm not mistaken, because of the corruption scandal on Petrobras, and only 13% approve her government. 

If I knew that she was involved in that, I'd never have voted for her last year. Right now I see that I should've voted for Aécio Neves, even hating his guts.

Well, I told you last year there was no way she couldn't be involved in this, she was at the head of Petrobras when this giant corruption took place.

And if she wasn't involved that would mean she disturbingly mismanaged the firm.

We'll see about the impeachment (by the way I saw you use exactly this word in Portuguese, from English :P) but that would be something big, and I don't know if that would be good for the economy given investors and firms hate uncertainty.

Aécio Neves would win in a landslide I guess, I'm sure he could be the person Brazil needs to go in the right direction : more open economy, more competitiveness and good relations with the United States.

• Like 1

Well, I told you last year there was no way she couldn't be involved in this, she was at the head of Petrobras when this giant corruption took place.

And if she wasn't involved that would mean she disturbingly mismanaged the firm.

We'll see about the impeachment (by the way I saw you use exactly this word in Portuguese, from English :P) but that would be something big, and I don't know if that would be good for the economy given investors and firms hate uncertainty.

Aécio Neves would win in a landslide I guess, I'm sure he could be the person Brazil needs to go in the right direction : more open economy, more competitiveness and good relations with the United States.

Though she appears to be going in the same direction that Aécio would if he had won. And yes, he would win by a landslide. Not even Lula would be able to beat him.

(And yeah, we don't translate the word impeachment for some reason. It's quite funny hearing people who don't speak english trying to say it though. They really should translate the word and be done with it, but people here seem to really love english).

Edited by Wally
  • Like 1

Though she appears to be going in the same direction that Aécio would if he had won. And yes, he would win by a landslide. Not even Lula would be able to beat him.

(And yeah, we don't translate the word impeachment for some reason. It's quite funny hearing people who don't speak english trying to say it though. They really should translate the word and be done with it, but people here seem to really love english).

She made a surprising move with her finance minister coming from the School of Chicago that's for sure, she understood she had no choice, at least she's not like her counterparts in Venezuela and Argentina.

However I think Aécio would do more, because now they're just cutting spending and raising taxes, it's fine but the economy won't recover with that, they just do that to keep their current notation from the rating agencies, it's a good step but without an improved competitivity, economic reforms and more overtures in terms of trade and investments Brazil won't go far, that's why Aécio would be good given Dilma can't go too far...

Edited by Yoshi
  • Like 1

Where is Sabrina? Last month she was all "please Fullbuster come back here, it's annoying without you" and now I'm back she disappears :o

Today, in my sister's house, the only place internet works.

My internet is not working, people who should have fixed it never appears in my house.

Amazing run for F7, it's above Avengers (in admissions) at same point. :D

April will have an awesome increase from the last year.

Anyway, I just came here to say 'hi' and 'bye' to you guys (lol). I hope I can come back here until next week. :)

• Like 2

Today, in my sister's house, the only place internet works.

My internet is not working, people who should have fixed it never appears in my house.

I understand, that's great because I wasn't sure you'd come back :)

I hope it will be repaired as soon as possible :)

• Like 1

Amazing run for F7, it's above Avengers (in admissions) at same point. :D

April will have an awesome increase from the last year.

Anyway, I just came here to say 'hi' and 'bye' to you guys (lol). I hope I can come back here until next week. :)

I hope you can be there by next week :)

• Like 1