Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Then how the hype and anticipation in Brazil?

According to some people the hype is pretty strong.

However, it will be better to compare with movies in admissions and local currency to understand how big it is because the exchange rates evolved so dramatically it wouldn't be fair. If The Avengers 2 makes more than The Avengers in terms of admissions and local currency it will be considered a huge success :)

Fullbuster is back!!!! Yey!!! :P

Ahaha, indeed, even if I change my name I just can't help it : Fullbuster was my first name here, and the best name at the same time..I always come back home in some way :D

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

I thought Brazil market can support more than one movie. How saturated are big blockbuster releases. is it like china where movies get 60-70% of screens?

It was similar before last year but a new law was implemented to limit this and allow more diversity. However it is pretty sure FF7 will lose quite an amount of screens, and the hype will be with TA2 so there will be a strong decrease anyway.

Edited by Fullbuster

It was similar before last year but a new law was implemented to limit this and allow more diversity. However it is pretty sure FF7 will lose quite an amount of screens, and the hype will be with TA2 so there will be a strong decrease anyway.

Same here !

There are three majors theaters in Brussels (2 from UGC and one from KINEPOLIS, the biggest cinematIc complex in town). 

Kinepolis usually splitted the number of sessions between the original version in one part and the dubbed version (french with dutch subtitles) in other part.

One UGC theater basicly shows overwhelmingly the french dubbed version with dutch subtitles a few sessions only are in the original verion with french/dutch subtitles), hence attracting many families with young children.

The last one, near my place features overwhelmingly original version of movies with french/dutch subtitles.

FF7 was released on April the 1st and was out from my theater last monday.  It basicly lasted the entire two weeks of easter vacations and then gone !

I expect FF7 to lose about 70% of its screens on the second UGC theaters on wednesday, starting with 100% of the original version removed like they always do.

Kinepolis will last a little while as its the biggest complex and they have more screens.  They are usually the last one in the country to pull out movies

Of course it's just Brussels but it gives you an idea how it works as everwhere else but in Antwerp,the second most important city,  its often worse with much smaller theaters here and there, featuring usualy only dubbed version in either french (in Walloonia) or dutch (in Flanders).

If any US blockbuster is released, you basicly have to consume it quickly because it got pulled out pretty quickly as soon as another one is released or even before it. 

Whereas a small drama, an animtion or a french movie will last for weeks and weeks as they are more popular in terms of larger targets.

The turnover is just terrible in here.  Most theaters have been build for small scale intimiste movies from neighbooring France and not for big blockbusters whose numbers have multiplied this last decade, without new infrastructures built to absorb that influx. 

Hence there is some big screen saturation for those movies whereas french movies or small scale US ones stay longer with the multiple screens built for them.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

OMG : it's not only the teaser of Star Wars VII (it's amazing that's for sure) but the trailer of Star Wars Rebels Season 2 impressed me even more o_o

I put it here because I don't want to spoil you :

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/index.php?/topic/16407-star-wars-rebels-trailer-season-2-page-6-omg/page-6#entry1973446

Just crazy