Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Changing the subject a little ... I've been comparing the numbers of 'Minions' and 'Inside Out' in Brazil and Argentina, both films have done more in Argentina than in Brazil.

It would be the greatest Argentine market that the Brazilian? 

No, of course not. Argentina has a population 40 million inhabitants while Brazil's population is around 205 million. Brazil is obviously a bigger market. The problem is Argentina benefits from monetary distortions such as a restrictive amount of dollars with an official rate far from the real value of the Argentina peso and high inflation. It's the same thing in Venezuela, the numbers in dollars don't reflect the real health of the movie markets in Argentina/Venezuela, it's artificially inflated so when this distortions stop (and they will stop) the numbers in dollars will be much smaller as a result. Brazil is a different matter, the local currency lost 70% of its value since last year, a very strong decrease that completely kills the revenues in dollars. In 2012 you could get $1 for 2 Brazilian Reais, but now if you want to get $1 you need 4 Brazilian Reais, and the growth of the Brazilian market in local currency isn't big enough to resist such brutal variations of exchange rates.

• Like 2

Well, Penguins was really huge thanks to that strategy.....

But let's hope that the dollar won't be at R$5,00 by January :ph34r:

Yes but Penguins is from Dreamworks, Brazilians prefer Dreamworks to Pixar...With R$5 I guess TGD would have a hard time passing $10m!

Yes but Penguins is from Dreamworks, Brazilians prefer Dreamworks to Pixar...With R$5 I guess TGD would have a hard time passing $10m!

I don't think so. Dreamworks' original movies do as bad at BO as Pixar's original movies here.

PS: The Evil One??? 

Edited by Mad Trials 23

Changing the subject a little ... I've been comparing the numbers of 'Minions' and 'Inside Out' in Brazil and Argentina, both films have done more in Argentina than in Brazil.

It would be the greatest Argentine market that the Brazilian?

http://www.google.com.br/url?q=http://www.mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2014.pdf&sa=U&ved=0CA0QFjAAahUKEwizvfWV9Z_IAhWCMj4KHUXqCg4&usg=AFQjCNFZVYiZ7E-jcahqOrEGen1MvXXqyw

Page 5. There is a top 20 WW there.

Last year, Brazil did $0.8M and Argentina did $0.2M. :)

Edited by Mad Trials 23

This is so sad, the man who was the voice of Daniel Radcliffe in the Harry Potter movies in Brazil was killed today. He was a cop and apparently was shot while in duty. He was 27 years old, started working as a voice actor since he was a kid and then became a cop.

He was also the voice of my favorite character on Digimon, my favorite cartoon when I was a kid:

4OzyNqo.jpg

This is really sad, specially considering he was in duty protecting us and was so young     :(

Edited by Napoleon Solo