Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

If you prefer, then buy to Cinemark XD screen, Napoleon. It is the "Imax" from Cinemark.

Of course we will get an IMAX release, them just can't show the shows yet just like Cinemark XD also can't, it makes no sense an IMAX release exclusive for Spectre, MJ will make in the OW, the total of this movie here, LMFAO

This year, 128 million tickets were sold until September 16. Last year at the same point it was at 114,3 million tickets.

Total spending is at 1,72 billion in local currency while last year at the same point was at 1,45 billion.

That's very interesting, for now the number of tickets sold is clearly higher, it's an increase going beyond 10% :o And I don't expect this growth to fall in the remaining months given MJ2 will be huge and Star Wars VII / Peanuts should give us a decent September. Next year is another story though, I don't expect a movie to be as big as The Avengers or FF7 so that could hurt a lot, only Ice Age 4 could have similar numbers to Miions or slightly higher!

Edited by Fullbuster

In the Paris Filmes Twitter page there's a banner for MJ2 that mentions all formats (2D, 3D, XD, XPLUS, 4DX, MACRO XE, ATMOS, D-BOX) but doesn't mention IMAX, that's why I assumed it wouldn't get an IMAX release here      :rolleyes:

What's D-Box btw? Never heard of it    :lol:

That's very interesting, for now the number of tickets sold is clearly higher, it's an increase going beyond 10% :o And I don't expect this growth to fall in the remaining months given MJ2 will be huge and Star Wars VII / Peanuts should give us a decent September. Next year is another story though, I don't expect a movie to be as big as The Avengers or FF7 so that could hurt a lot, only Ice Age 4 could have similar numbers to Miions or slightly higher!

It would be great if Batman v Superman pulled Avengers-like numbers, but our country has such a terrible taste    crying.gif

Also I always feel that WB movies underperform here, don't you think?

In the Paris Filmes Twitter page there's a banner for MJ2 that mentions all formats (2D, 3D, XD, XPLUS, 4DX, MACRO XE, ATMOS, D-BOX) but doesn't mention IMAX, that's why I assumed it wouldn't get an IMAX release here      :rolleyes:

What's D-Box btw? Never heard of it    :lol:

http://www.d-box.com/

• Like 1