Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Speaking of MJ2, ticket sales for the movie seem so weak. I thought fans would rush to buy it and would have a lot of sold out sessions in opening weekend by now. I don't know if it's brazilians that don't use to buy tickets in advance, or if people are not that excited for this movie after the disappointment that MJ1 was.

Speaking of MJ2, ticket sales for the movie seem so weak. I thought fans would rush to buy it and would have a lot of sold out sessions in opening weekend by now. I don't know if it's brazilians that don't use to buy tickets in advance, or if people are not that excited for this movie after the disappointment that MJ1 was.

The fact that MJ1 disappointed a lot of people could be dangerous indeed, I think CF was great but MJ1 killed the hype. Now I still expect it to beat MJ1.

The fact that MJ1 disappointed a lot of people could be dangerous indeed, I think CF was great but MJ1 killed the hype. Now I still expect it to beat MJ1.

Of course it will beat MJ1, persons here don't give a fuck if the previous movie was bad, we always watch every sequel released, and persons here usually don't buy advanced tickets, except if it is for 12am previews, but it's doing really well, I just checked some shows in SP (since I thought it was doing great only in my city), and there are shows starting at 11am 90% full, let's wait to see the numbers of the OW ;)

I just checked the shows for Spectre's previews in Cinemark, and it still completely empty, I think I'm gonna buy a ticket just to watch the movie alone, lmfao

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

Of course it will beat MJ1, persons here don't give a fuck if the previous movie was bad, we always watch every sequel released, and persons here usually don't buy advanced tickets, except if it is for 12am previews, but it's doing really well, I just checked some shows in SP (since I thought it was doing great only in my city), and there are shows starting at 11am 90% full, let's wait to see the numbers of the OW ;)

I just checked the shows for Spectre's previews in Cinemark, and it still completely empty, I think I'm gonna buy a ticket just to watch the movie alone, lmfao

I just checked shows in my area and they are about 95 percent full.

It is worrying though that we haven't heard anything from Fandango.    Usually they release something each time a movie comes out stating how well the tickets sell.   Why do you think they haven't said anything?

Also, one thing I am wondering.   Do you think people are waiting to buy their tickets this time until a couple of weeks prior?    Or are people waiting to see what kind of reviews it gets before they see it....I kind of have a bad feeling now.   Still think it will do at least 900 mil though.

From Telemachos about SW7 :

"Last night, we had the single biggest simultaneous surge for movie tickets our industry has ever seen..."

- Tim League, CEO of Alamo Drafthouse

The rest of the article (and apology) is here: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/20/star-wars-tickets-apology

Edited by Arthur Pendragon

I just checked shows in my area and they are about 95 percent full.

It is worrying though that we haven't heard anything from Fandango. Usually they release something each time a movie comes out stating how well the tickets sell. Why do you think they haven't said anything?

Also, one thing I am wondering. Do you think people are waiting to buy their tickets this time until a couple of weeks prior? Or are people waiting to see what kind of reviews it gets before they see it....I kind of have a bad feeling now. Still think it will do at least 900 mil though.

Oh, I would not be worried about Fandango, they didn't release nothing about A2 and JW pre sales as well, actually, I just checked their Top 5, and Mockingjay is already there, that's amazing! Especially because it will be released in one month, both Spectre and TGD that will be released in few weeks are not in their Top 5..

And yeah, the sell outs will only start to kick in with less than one week to the release, but I would not expect much, THG is not the kind of franchise that makes massive numbers in previews, even CF only had 48 shows sold out... Look, you're one of the few optimist persons that appeared in a long time, most of persons in the Mockingjay topic are posers just trying to bring the movie down, don't let them turn you into another pessimistic one ;)

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael