Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

It is just an accent problem, when you use the language to talk directly. I do not know the Portuguese grammar, but I guess I would not have to much problems to learn it.

But concerning accents, in Spain, we have many accents quite different between them. It is not the same to listen a Galician (northwest region of Spain, and people who have another co-official language called Galician, pretty similar in accent to Portuguese), than to listen an Andalusian, a person from Catalonia, or a person born in Madrid. Andalusian accent is quite peculiar and some Spanish people who did not born there have some difficulties to understand an Andalusian person in a direct conversation. The same happens with some Galician people. Sometimes you literally can not understand what they are saying even although they are using the same language.

And the same applies to Portuguese. When I listen Brazilian or Portuguese people talking (many football players who play here, for example), I have real difficulties to understand them. As I said, just an accent issue.

Don't worry, it is not just you, I sometimes also have problems understanding Julien Lopetegui and Casillas :lol:
  • Like 1

By the way Peludo, are you sad about what's happening in Catalonia? That would be so terrible for Spain :(

First of all, just to say that I do not live in Catalonia. Although I know people who do (my sister). And many of them do not understand why this is being done. During last elections campaign, the independence has been the only theme debated, when people are worried about more basic things like unemployment or corruption. At the end, this is a problem generated by politicians.

Said this, Catalonia has its own history, its own language (not dialect, language, which proceeds from Latin, in the same way than Spanish, French or Portuguese), and I can understand why they are doing this. But, today, in this global world, it is an absurd situation to build new frontiers. Catalonia needs the rest of Spain, and the rest of Spain needs Catalonia.

Edited by peludo

I only watch football during the World Cup, and after the disaster of last year, I think I won't watch for a long time :ph34r::lol:

Yes, last year was hard for you

Well, Casillas (and Spain) won the World Cup in 2010 and he, as the Spanish captain, raised up the title :)

1278895672746.jpg

Edited by peludo
  • Like 2

On Adorocinema The Avengers 3 is the third most anticipated movie, a few years before its official release B)  Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is 4th B) Star Wars VII improved and is now 15th, it's still disappointing but better...The Avengers 3 will be the first movie to pass R$200m in Brazil, The Avengers 2 is on top for now with $R147m :wub:

On Adorocinema The Avengers 3 is the third most anticipated movie, a few years before its official release B) Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is 4th B) Star Wars VII improved and is now 15th, it's still disappointing but better...The Avengers 3 will be the first movie to pass R$200m in Brazil, The Avengers 2 is on top for now with $R147m :wub:

The Martian is at #1, can't wait to see this masterpiece on Cinemark XD on Friday :wub: