Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

18 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Not a surprise that it was not posted here, anyway.....

Os Dez Mandamentos is now the BIGGEST movie ever, it sold 11.2M tickets and surpassed Tropa de Elite 2.

Can someone please put this historic moment in the title?

If I am not wrong, the biggest film ever in Brazil remains to be Titanic with 17.7 million admissions. And Jaws sold about 13 million. However, Os Dez Mandamentos is already the biggest local film.

1 hour ago, peludo said:

If I am not wrong, the biggest film ever in Brazil remains to be Titanic with 17.7 million admissions. And Jaws sold about 13 million. However, Os Dez Mandamentos is already the biggest local film.

Yeah, I forgot to put the 'local movie' at the text, my mistake.

Still, that's an AMAZING achievement that nobody is giving a fuck!! What makes this feat even more amazing, is that it was the FIRST movie produced by Record, and it was already that phenomenon, it destroyed every movie released by Globo, despite the fact that Record has not even half of the same influence, it just proved that the public truly loved the soap opera, I wonder if they're going to release a sequel, especially now that the second season of the Soap Opera is on the TV, it could be another massive hit for them and for the local cinema

• Like 1