Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Rotten Tomatoes also "said" Age Of Ultron was good...

No, 75% was the perfect grade : it was mostly good but a sizable part of viewers didn't like it, 75% is a fair middle.

By the way you didn'tv even watch Zootopia so you're out ;)

5 hours ago, Tower said:

And fucking Iron Man 3...

Oh come on : 79% for IM3 is nothing to write home about.  And in itself it's not a bad movie at all, people was emotionally disappointed because it was not what people expected, I was one of them.

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Zootopia was met with the biggest of the shrugs here, ouch. I just think Brazilians in general prefer their animations to stay silly. Not my own opinion but then again, I rarely agree with the general opinion I guess.

You're probably right, Disney / Pixar movies are clearly more serious and less goofy than movies that are successful there like Ice Age and Shrek and Minions.  This population will age, let's gope they mature over time.

Edited by Fullbuster

24 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Oh come on : 79% for IM3 is nothing to write home about.  And in itself it's not a bad movie at all, people was emotionally disappointed because it was not what people expected, I was one of them.

I was was just stating my opinion, and for me Iron Man 3 was terrible, it is still easily the worst superhero I have ever seen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tower said:

I was was just stating my opinion, and for me Iron Man 3 was terrible, it is still easily the worst superhero I have ever seen.

That's also what I think, it's exactly what I don't want.

I just say they wanted to make a funny movie, the great audience mostly laughed so mission accomplished, in that way it can't be a bad movie, 79% on Rotten is fair then.

Personally, My vision of a good CB movie is more like Civil War and TASM2.

@Fullbuster are you following the political news? It was revealed the obvious, corrupt politicians conspired to take down our Queen Dilma so they could stop the investigations that would put them in jail. Do you think this can affect our economical recovery? We're feeling hopeless right now.

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

No, 75% was the perfect grade : it was mostly good but a sizable part of viewers didn't like it, 75% is a fair middle.

By the way you didn'tv even watch Zootopia so you're out ;)

I really liked AoU. But to see a 75% for that and a 53% for Apocalypse or a 27% for BVS is just silly. Apocalypse is a much better movie and BVS is not that much worse than AoU. I guess the critics just like the MCU characters, which is understandable as I like them too, a lot. But RT grades seem to mean less and less to me. Too many movies I like with low grades and too many middling movies with high grades.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

I barely liked Age of Ultron, but the 75% is not the movie's score. You have to look at the average critic rating and the topc critics average. It's at 6,7. Robot action is getting stale. Ultron had bad CGI too. 

BVS shocked me at first. I also liked the movie, but it was insanely flawed. It tried to be a ton of things at the same time. It was a MOS sequel, a Batman reboot, a Justice League set up, the Flash dream scene is probably a hint to a future Injustice plot, and they tried to put the most famous Superman arc ( Death and Return ) in a 20 minutes fight, lol. It was crazy, I understand its bad reviews. It was all over the place. They really need to make a focused movie.

X-Men Apocalypse surprised me, because I wasn't expecting anything. The plot was fine, acting was fine, Quicksilver scene was amazing, Magneto arc was really emotional ( better than anything in Civil War ), Apocalypse was ok. I loved X-Men Apocalypse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

@Fullbuster are you following the political news? It was revealed the obvious, corrupt politicians conspired to take down our Queen Dilma so they could stop the investigations that would put them in jail. Do you think this can affect our economical recovery? We're feeling hopeless right now.

That's perfectly fine, your "Queen" was corrupt and her incompetence destroyed the Brazilian economy , good riddance!

As for the economy it will be fine because : it can't be much worse + the new ministers could be corrupt but they're seen as competent and good managers, that's good news because this country needs serious reforms Dilma never had the guts to implement :)

Edited by Fullbuster

57 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I really liked AoU. But to see a 75% for that and a 53% for Apocalypse or a 27% for BVS is just silly. Apocalypse is a much better movie and BVS is not that much worse than AoU. I guess the critics just like the MCU characters, which is understandable as I like them too, a lot. But RT grades seem to mean less and less to me. Too many movies I like with low grades and too many middling movies with high grades.

That's fair. Indeed. BVS has probably been put down by the fact there was so much hope about it, such a hype..But I seriously doubt it's worth 27%, probably 55-60. Still, I wanted to watch it so much but all this bad buzz scared me, I didn't want to be disappointed so I avoided it :/

As for XMA it seems more fast-paced and ambitious than Ultron, at least at first glance, but coming after Civil War is obviously not helpful...

50 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I barely liked Age of Ultron, but the 75% is not the movie's score. You have to look at the average critic rating and the topc critics average. It's at 6,7. Robot action is getting stale. Ultron had bad CGI too. 

BVS shocked me at first. I also liked the movie, but it was insanely flawed. It tried to be a ton of things at the same time. It was a MOS sequel, a Batman reboot, a Justice League set up, the Flash dream scene is probably a hint to a future Injustice plot, and they tried to put the most famous Superman arc ( Death and Return ) in a 20 minutes fight, lol. It was crazy, I understand its bad reviews. It was all over the place. They really need to make a focused movie.

X-Men Apocalypse surprised me, because I wasn't expecting anything. The plot was fine, acting was fine, Quicksilver scene was amazing, Magneto arc was really emotional ( better than anything in Civil War ), Apocalypse was ok. I loved X-Men Apocalypse.

Impossible! Civil War is perfect :wub:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Eh, I loved Civil War. I just loved Apocalypse more. It's just better* than Civil War.

* That's my humble opinion of course.

While you make clear it's YOUR opinion it's fine then :P

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

While you make clear it's YOUR opinion it's fine then :P

Go watch it then and make your own opinion!

You shouldn't have skipped on BVS either, you were robbed of being able to make your own opinion. I hope you watch it whenever it comes on Blu-ray or something.

12 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Go watch it then and make your own opinion!

You shouldn't have skipped on BVS either, you were robbed of being able to make your own opinion. I hope you watch it whenever it comes on Blu-ray or something.

I'd love to, plus I loved the trailer before CA CW. However I watched CA CW and Zootopia this month and I'm financially constrained now -_- I'm just a student :unsure:

My next movie will be Doctor Strange I guess, followed by SW Rogue One.

I'll watch BVS of course.

Edited by Fullbuster

8 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I'd love to, plus I loved the trailer before CA CW. However I watched CA CW and Zootopia this month and I'm financially constrained now -_- I'm just a student :unsure:

My next movie will be Doctor Strange I guess, followed by SW Rogue One.

I'll watch BVS of course.

Boo-hoo, you're missing out on an awesome movie. Shame. You should have watched Apocalypse instead of Civil War then. :ph34r:

Edited by Arlborn