Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

51 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Warcraft gets its release date here, finally.

Too bad that most of the copies are dubbed, which is hilarious. Movie is called Meeting of Two Words, by the way. :(

I'll try to avoid the 3D version and the dubbed one, but there are few places screening the original version ( 2D ). These bastards can try, but I won't pay that insane ticket price, lol. 

What is the ticket price?

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

What is the ticket price?

Very high. 3D is actually 2 times more expensive than the 2D one. 

In dollars, I have no idea considering we have the Real here. However, I paid almost 30 reais for a ticket alone. So, I guess something like $10 or something like that. I'm bad at these things, lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Very high. 3D is actually 2 times more expensive than the 2D one. 

In dollars, I have no idea considering we have the Real here. However, I paid almost 30 reais for a ticket alone. So, I guess something like $10 or something like that. I'm bad at these things, lol.

That would mean around $8.6, slightly under US prices, but Brazilians get much lower wages and standards of living so it's clearly too high, $5 (R$16.5) would be fair enough. And I'm sure more people would go to the movies with this price, like in Mexico.

• Like 2

I can't wait for Finding Dory in Brazil! Will it pass Toy Story 3, the highest-grossing Pixar movie in USD there with $23.6m.

In lc the biggest is The Good Dinosaur with R$48.3m, followed by Inside Out with R$45.6m

Edited by Fullbuster

On 2 de junho de 2016 at 4:07 PM, Blaze Heatnix said:

Warcraft gets its release date here, finally.

Too bad that most of the copies are dubbed, which is hilarious. Movie is called Meeting of Two Words, by the way. :(

I'll try to avoid the 3D version and the dubbed one, but there are few places screening the original version ( 2D ). These bastards can try, but I won't pay that insane ticket price, lol. 

I hate 3D, if that's the only option I just don't watch the movie. The only exception was Batman v Superman because, well, it was Batman v Superman. But they usually open 2D sessions after the opening week, so I can watch everything I want anyway. And they always offer subtitled sessions here in my city, except for animated movies and faith-based movies.

• Like 1

On 3 de junho de 2016 at 3:01 PM, Fullbuster said:

I can't wait for Finding Dory in Brazil! Will it pass Toy Story 3, the highest-grossing Pixar movie in USD there with $23.6m.

In lc the biggest is The Good Dinosaur with R$48.3m, followed by Inside Out with R$45.6m

Kinda crazy to think TGD was more popular than Inside Out here, what happened?

On 2 de junho de 2016 at 5:08 PM, Fullbuster said:

That would mean around $8.6, slightly under US prices, but Brazilians get much lower wages and standards of living so it's clearly too high, $5 (R$16.5) would be fair enough. And I'm sure more people would go to the movies with this price, like in Mexico.

That's about what students pay, because we students pay half price. Maybe the cinemas intend to charge around R$15 for a 3D ticket, but since students pay half, they charge R$30 instead. Non-students end up paying double of what the ticket should cost, because of this law.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

That's about what students pay, because we students pay half price. Maybe the cinemas intend to charge around R$15 for a 3D ticket, but since students pay half, they charge R$30 instead. Non-students end up paying double of what the ticket should cost, because of this law.

That's so damn true.

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Warcraft:

Brazil debuted with $921K over Thursday and Friday, in No. 1, with 40% of the market.

This seems weak.

Clearly weak, now we have an answer : it will bomb there!

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Kinda crazy to think TGD was more popular than Inside Out here, what happened?

The same reason movies like Minions or Ice Age are much more popular in Brazil than Disney/Pixar movies : TGD is well more simplistic and childish than IO that is more serious and brainy...

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I can't be sure about that, maybe...Anyway, with the current crisis these prices are even less justified..

xeajoqxo2hcsyzefgdar.jpg

FINDING NEMO IN BRAZIL IN 2003 : 

Local currency : R$27.3m

Admissions : 4,743,000

It was the third biggest movie in admissions in 2003. Finding Dory will benefit from the huge inflation of ticket prices since 2003, much more theaters and a bigger population so it's definitely promising.

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

At least in lc it shouldn't be hard to pass Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur, they're not exactly very high in the first place! Pixar needs a breakthrough in Brazil!

I think Finding Dory will be it. Finding Nemo is very well remembered here. I can't be sure of course but that's the impression I get.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Clearly weak, now we have an answer : it will bomb there!

Which is weird. I went to the movies for that last night and my showing was packed just like it was with XMA. Oh well, small sample I guess.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Which is weird. I went to the movies for that last night and my showing was packed just like it was with XMA. Oh well, small sample I guess.

Not a surprise given movies with a heroic-fantasy background are rarely big there...