Deadpool : 6.4m

X-Men Apocalypse : 6.3m
The Dark Knight Rises : 6.25m
Shrek 4 : 6.2m
Ice Age 4 : 6.1m
Despicable Me 2 : 5.7m

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

With $3m OD Suicide Squad could reach $11m-12m OW, allowing it to pass $30m, maybe it could also pass BVS' $35m!!

That's pretty amazing, with that it would enter the top 10 all-time in lc.

Fascinating!

:excited:

Even if it doesn't beat bvs it'll still shatter many a record!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Given FilmeB isn't active for now I decided to do some research.

suicide-squad-poster.jpg

Star Wars 7 apparently was the biggest OD ever in Brazil with R$9.5m, Civil War is second with R$9.3m. If Suicide Squad's $3m OD is true then it probably broke the OD record in lc with R$9.55m-9.6m, but I need a confirmation to be totally sure.

Anyway, that's a big deal, in USD it did better than Civil War ($2.7m), helped by a better ER.

I thought BVS had the OD record.

It made $3.5M on OD. According do Box Office Mojo the ER was USD1 = R$3.68 that weekend which means BVS made around R$12.9M.

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I thought BVS had the OD record.

It made $3.5M on OD. According do Box Office Mojo the ER was USD1 = R$3.68 that weekend which means BVS made around R$12.9M.

I couldn't find this OD number for BVS, and the BO sites said Civil War beat the previous record (SW TFA) so I believed them..Are you sure about that number?

20 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I couldn't find this OD number for BVS, and the BO sites said Civil War beat the previous record (SW TFA) so I believed them..Are you sure about that number?

That's because BVS had previews starting 8PM Wednesday while CW and TFA started at midnight, so the reports on local currency had BVS OD without the preview numbers, while the previews were included for CW and TFA.

In dollars BVS made $3.5M including previews, CW and TFA both made $2.7M and SS $3.0M. I guess even with better ER, SS doesn't beat BVS.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

SS dropped 30% on Friday for a total of $5.1M while BVS dropped 14% on Friday and made $6.6M in 2 days.

So BvS held on better. I remember you saying BvS was very popular in Brazil, Napoleon. Seeing BvS drop, I don't think that's a good drop for Suicide Squad anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

That's because BVS had previews starting 8PM Wednesday while CW and TFA started at midnight, so the reports on local currency had BVS OD without the preview numbers, while the previews were included for CW and TFA.

In dollars BVS made $3.5M including previews, CW and TFA both made $2.7M and SS $3.0M. I guess even with better ER, SS doesn't beat BVS.

Well, previews preceding the OD cannot be counted in the OD or OW numbers to allow a fair comparison between movie.

In that case BVS is not the biggest OD. In my list above previews aren't taken into account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

SS dropped 30% on Friday for a total of $5.1M while BVS dropped 14% on Friday and made $6.6M in 2 days.

No OW record for Suicide Squad then but that will be very good though, it's fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nova said:

So BvS held on better. I remember you saying BvS was very popular in Brazil, Napoleon. Seeing BvS drop, I don't think that's a good drop for Suicide Squad anymore. 

BvS second day was on Good Friday

Yesterday was the Olimpics opening Ceremony.

Not a fair comparison.

Edited by efialtes76