Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

10 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Next week : Pete's Dragon. I hope it can do well :)

Yeah... No. lol

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Given how well Pets is holding it is certain to pass The Good Dinosaur and Frozen in lc, it should end a bit lower than Ice Age 5.

Lower than Ice Age? Brazil...:rofl:

The new "government" choose to send to the Oscars a film that wasn't released locally and wasn't competing in any international festival, a film that wasn't tested with any sort of audience or critic, against the film Aquarius that was acclaimed by local and international critics, and that's getting acclaim in every festival around the World, along with its leading actress Sonia Braga. And only because the cast and director publicly criticized the Impeachment of our President Dilma.

This is repulsive, they killed our chances at the Oscars only to retaliate the cast and filmmakers for protesting against this "government". This is childish and pathetic. That shows how the Impeachment was never about the economy and people's interest, it was all about their own interests.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Not really surprised, just funny to see that Brazil never changes haha

I bet Pets 2 will do a lot.

Well, every market has its own specificities, that makes it fun and interesting to follow.

Yeah, Pets 2 could be huge :o

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Amazing for Suicide Squad, now the #3 movie of the year in REAL box office

Top 3 REAL box office of the year is all comic book movies, wow

Wonder if Doctor Strange will surprise too

I don't expect DS to surprise us, SS had the joker, Harley Quinn and Will Smith, a lot of star power so...DS will benefit from the Marvel brand but apart from that it is not a famous character and it's really different from other comic book movies given it's about magic and Buddhism so we can't be sure about what people could feel about it.

I expect it to end between 45-60m in lc and 15-20m in USD. That would be a good start for this new franchise.

Edited by Fullbuster

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The new "government" choose to send to the Oscars a film that wasn't released locally and wasn't competing in any international festival, a film that wasn't tested with any sort of audience or critic, against the film Aquarius that was acclaimed by local and international critics, and that's getting acclaim in every festival around the World, along with its leading actress Sonia Braga. And only because the cast and director publicly criticized the Impeachment of our President Dilma.

This is repulsive, they killed our chances at the Oscars only to retaliate the cast and filmmakers for protesting against this "government". This is childish and pathetic. That shows how the Impeachment was never about the economy and people's interest, it was all about their own interests.

While it's not a smart decision I'm pretty optimistic about this government : they seem serious about the economy, time to fix Dilma's blunders.

It's quite shocking when you think about it but Café Society could beat The Shallows in admissions, holding much better, and with a lower budget and less screens. Not bad Woody :P

I need to check out the numbers later, someone told me that but I need to be sure ^^

• Like 1