Enchanted : 5.3m

Bolt : 4.6m

Chicken Little : 4.5m

The Princess and the Frog : 4.1m

Lilo & Stitch : 3m

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Same happened in Greece... A pity. :(

Same thing in Russia, $50B thrown out of the window only to please Putin's ego.

At least Vancouver and London are still using their infrastructures and tried to make the investments useful for the population.

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Same thing in Russia, $50B thrown out of the window only to please Putin's ego.

At least Vancouver and London are still using their infrastructures and tried to make the investments useful for the population.

Don't believe the nonsense you read about Russia in the Western MSM. 

That $50B sum you read about in places such The Guardian, CNN or BBC was the total state outlay for all infrastructure and projects in the entire Sochi region in a period of several years. Total misinformation. 

7 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Don't believe the nonsense you read about Russia in the Western MSM. 

That $50B sum you read about in places such The Guardian, CNN or BBC was the total state outlay for all infrastructure and projects in the entire Sochi region in a period of several years. Total misinformation. 

And here we go, "Western MSM".

I believe in facts, nothing else. I love Western media, we have the best media in the world, far from all these government-controlled craps in authoritarian countries like Russia or dictatorships like China :shades: Proud to have the most free media in the world :shades:

Edited by Fullbuster

22 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

And here we go, "Western MSM".

I believe in facts, nothing else. I love Western media, we have the best media in the world, far from all these government-controlled craps in authoritarian countries like Russia or dictatorships like China :shades: Proud to have the most free media in the world :shades:

Well, you are mistaken. You are mistaken not in the sense that Russian/Chinese/Iranian/Brazilian/Indian/you name-it-media don't lie, of course they do. But I can promise as well as prove to you that western media are the worst offenders in this regard for the very simple reason that they can easily get away with it. 

Here's even The Washington Post (not famous for its pro-Kremlin stance) directly and indirectly admitting that the $50B number thrown around by the Western MSM was a total fabrication: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/did-the-winter-olympics-in-sochi-really-cost-50-billion-a-closer-look-at-that-figure/2014/02/10/a29e37b4-9260-11e3-b46a-5a3d0d2130da_story.html?utm_term=.e64feb09b45c#comments

The true cost of the Sochi Olympics was around $6.7B. There was also a claim by Dmitri Kozak (a Russian Deputy PM, head of the Sochi preparation Committee) that another $16.7B would have been spent on general purpose infrastructure in and around the Sochi region (railways, roads, power stations, the new F1 track) The rest of the number leading up to the total sum of $51B, is the estimated (hoped for) private investment in the region in the coming years as the Russian government aims to make Sochi the country's primary internal tourist destination, since it's one of only two regions in the country with anything resembling pleasant weather (the other is recently acquired Crimea) 

BTW, I'm not saying that Western MSM are not free, I'm saying that they are serving their very own, state-led agenda, especially apropos Russia, against which very real strategic reasons for subversion exist. 

Edit: If you expect to get any "facts" straight about Russia from the Western MSM, you will be waiting for a very long time. 

Edited by PPZVGOS

2 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Well, you are mistaken. You are mistaken not in the sense that Russian/Chinese/Iranian/Brazilian/Indian/you name-it-media don't lie, of course they do. But I can promise as well as prove to you that western media are the worst offenders in this regard for the very simple reason that they can easily get away with it. 

Here's even The Washington Post (not famous for its pro-Kremlin stance) directly and indirectly admitting that the $50B number thrown around by the Western MSM was a total fabrication: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/did-the-winter-olympics-in-sochi-really-cost-50-billion-a-closer-look-at-that-figure/2014/02/10/a29e37b4-9260-11e3-b46a-5a3d0d2130da_story.html?utm_term=.e64feb09b45c#comments

The true cost of the Sochi Olympics was around $6.7B. There was also a claim by Dmitri Kozak (a Russian Deputy PM, head of the Sochi preparation Committee) that another $16.7B would have been spent on general purpose infrastructure in and around the Sochi region (railways, roads, power stations, the new F1 track) The rest of the number leading up to the total sum of $51B, is the estimated (hoped for) private investment in the region in the coming years as the Russian government aims to make Sochi the country's primary internal tourist destination, since it's one of only two regions in the country with anything resembling pleasant weather (the other is recently acquired Crimea) 

BTW, I'm not saying that Western MSM are not free, I'm saying that they are serving their very own, state-led agenda, especially apropos Russia, against which very real strategic reasons for subversion exist. 

Well, I'm glad to see you using arguments. Now the $50B number is not exactly inflated, without the Games I'm not certain this money would be spent on Sochi. It is fair to say the Games didn't cost $50B, I know it is for everything including Sochi but it's still an insane sum because of cost overruns and corruptions, many Putin's allies or friends got the contracts for these infrastructures and they inflated their costs because there was no competition for these contracts. With fair competition the final sum would be $36B, meaning that Putin gave $14B of state money to his friends. Meanwhile infrastructures in Russia are in a terrible shape, these $14B would have been better spent to fix roads and other infrastructures than in the pockets of oligarchs...Plus, these Russian olympic infrastructures in Russia have been abandoned, I saw pictures last year, it's crazy..

14 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, I'm glad to see you using arguments. Now the $50B number is not exactly inflated, without the Games I'm not certain this money would be spent on Sochi. It is fair to say the Games didn't cost $50B, I know it is for everything including Sochi but it's still an insane sum because of cost overruns and corruptions, many Putin's allies or friends got the contracts for these infrastructures and they inflated their costs because there was no competition for these contracts. With fair competition the final sum would be $36B, meaning that Putin gave $14B of state money to his friends. Meanwhile infrastructures in Russia are in a terrible shape, these $14B would have been better spent to fix roads and other infrastructures than in the pockets of oligarchs...Plus, these Russian olympic infrastructures in Russia have been abandoned, I saw pictures last year, it's crazy..

I just told you (through the words of even The Washington Post) that the Russian government never spent $50B on Sochi. They never spent even half of that amount. The claims about over-inflated contracts is made by pro-West, anti-Putin politicians such as Nemtsov & Navalny and parroted by the Western MSM, no proof is ever given or demanded by them. Now, I'm not saying that there is no corruption in Russia, I'm certain that there is, just like there is in any other country. But a clear distinction must be made between the money spent on Olympic infrastructure and overall Sochi infrastructure, these are obviously two very different things. As for the wisdom of upgrading Sochi over other Russian regions, that's a matter of debate between those who know and care about Russia, not for those who want Russia destroyed, that's another crucial distinction that has to be made!

And yes, Russia's roads are indeed terrible (as someone who's been to Russia many times, that's the worst feature of today's Russia) but you have to take into account the sheer size of the country as well as the very hostile weather (super-cold in winter, relatively hot in the summer) that makes the maintenance of roads a truly Herculean task. It won't be for many years that Russia's provincial cities will be able to afford good roads. 

Edited by PPZVGOS