Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

On 1/4/2017 at 9:12 PM, Fullbuster said:

We should know soon enough :)

I think Moana will gross more than Passengers though.

23 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Yeah, absolutely!

But as long as it has a long and healthy run, I'll be happy.

exactly! 

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

At least it was better than Part 1 :P

No. I was a fan of the first 2 movies. I was OK with Part 1 but Part 2 was awful. The ending was awful, probably the most underwhelming ending I have watched in quit some time. No wonder for the decline in gross after Catching Fire. Pity. The story was kind of intresting although there were some huge plot holes overall and the whole thing with Hunger Games was too far-fetched. (The last 2 sentences were about the whole franchise)

41 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

No. I was a fan of the first 2 movies. I was OK with Part 1 but Part 2 was awful. The ending was awful, probably the most underwhelming ending I have watched in quit some time. No wonder for the decline in gross after Catching Fire. Pity. The story was kind of intresting although there were some huge plot holes overall and the whole thing with Hunger Games was too far-fetched. (The last 2 sentences were about the whole franchise)

Part 1 was boring as hell but Part 2 had some action and good moment so I think Pt2 was better, and I'm not the only one.

7 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Well it may be that I reaaallly didn't like the way it ended.

I didn't like the way it ended either, but I knew how it was going to end because I read the book. I didn't like the way the book ended.  But they were still good movies, imho.

I do think the end lowered its viewership.  But the author wouldn't do the films if she weren't promised it would stay true to the books.  It is supposed to be about the costs of war.

Edited by trifle

46 minutes ago, trifle said:

I didn't like the way it ended either, but I knew how it was going to end because I read the book. I didn't like the way the book ended.  But they were still good movies, imho.

I do think the end lowered its viewership.  But the author wouldn't do the films if she weren't promised it would stay true to the books.  It is supposed to be about the costs of war.

Well I enjoyed THG but in my opinion it isn't really a very good piece of work. As I said it is intresting but it had many plot-holes and the whole storyline was too far-fetched. I would hopefully place it though higher than most Marvel movies for example. 

9 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Mockingjay Part 2 was an awful movie. Deserved what it got..

That's funny because I thought the same thing about Fantastic Beasts. It was a big letdown (to me) in every aspect: Plot, characters, the Beasts itself, pace, and this coming from a huge Potterhead, I just want forget that it came out. 

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

That's funny because I thought the same thing about Fantastic Beasts. It was a big letdown (to me) in every aspect: Plot, characters, the Beasts itself, pace, and this coming from a huge Potterhead, I just want forget that it came out. 

That's harsh, the movie was far from being bad, I really liked : it's funny, the characters are moving, having NYC brings fresh air far from the British Wizard School and it's quite beautiful.

• Like 2