Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Just now, Fullbuster said:

So guys, I checked the exchange rate because I didn't do it in a while....and it reached its worst level since the crisis levels of 2016!!

It's really horrible, I'm not joking! Avengers IW reaching such a high OW in USD, far ahead of the rest, despite this horrible ER? It's a miracle at this point!

What does that means?

That means that IW only needs $42.5m to beat the all-time record in local currency!!!

1c3532a74ffcbfc964d312812bb7268f8447dd7b

Bye bye Ultron 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Brazil reached $28.7m this Tuesday. Huge but I thought it had a shot $30m..I guess this market reached its max capacity somehow..It must be close to R$95m.

If the movie was at U$23.7 on monday then it means IW grossed U$4.7M this tuesday (the total according to @BORReport on twitter is U$28.4M now). This holiday was HUGE for IW! Tuesday was bigger than monday.

Also Brazil jumped for the 4th place on the international market for the movie.

I don't know how blockbuster legs are in Mexico, but do you think Brazil can outgross Mexico until the end of the run? 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

If the movie was at U$23.7 on monday then it means IW grossed U$4.7M this tuesday (the total according to @BORReport on twitter is U$28.4M now). This holiday was HUGE for IW! Tuesday was bigger than monday.

Also Brazil jumped for the 4th place on the international market for the movie.

I don't know how blockbuster legs are in Mexico, but do you think Brazil can outgross Mexico until the end of the run? 

Mexico benefits from a much better exchange rate, that's why the gap between both is pretty impressive..it's possible but unless Mexico strongly slow down I don't see it.

But Brazil will have a better performance in terms of local currency, taking the size of the market into account!

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Huge expectations :) . 30M after 1 week is incredible 

That also means it will pass R$100m, a movie never reached it that fast. On Sunday it will be very close to the first Avengers movie (129m).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Yeah, unless something goes wrong I think IW is going to become the highest-grossing movie of all-time in local currency.

How do you even have a straight face when saying 'I think' when IW opened alot higher and has beter legs so far and after only 7 days is over 70% from the total :P

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

How do you even have a straight face when saying 'I think' when IW opened alot higher and has beter legs so far and after only 7 days is over 70% from the total :P

Anime+gif+dump+246+centergamerscenter_44

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

+31M good call :) 

A bit less than expected but still excellent :)

I see it grossing 9-10m thursday-sunday, that would put it at 40-41m.

Next week the all-time record will be shattered in lc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

A bit less than expected but still excellent :)

I see it grossing 9-10m thursday-sunday, that would put it at 40-41m.

Next week the all-time record will be shattered in lc.

Why less than expected? You said between 31.5-32 and i hit 31.6. Or did you expect it to be on the high side?

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Why less than expected? You said between 31.5-32 and i hit 31.6. Or did you expect it to be on the high side?

I didn't see the daily numbers yet and @fabiopazzo2 said $31m so that seemed a bit lower lol

But yeah $31.6m is exactly in line with my prediction lol, I'm really good at it :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fullbuster said:

I didn't see the daily numbers yet and @fabiopazzo2 said $31m so that seemed a bit lower lol

But yeah $31.6m is exactly in line with my prediction lol, I'm really good at it :P

Thought so :) Well it's still going strong here, we might be looking at over avengers :)

• Like 1