Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Oh it's exciting all right :P , but scary as well because I want TF5 to happen.

Oh you're worried about that?TF5 will happen,it's a huge franchise which can't be abandoned like,unless a real crash..and TF4 doesn't go that way.TF it's also about selling toys so it has a double role.Don't worry! ;)And by the way I don't think TF5's fate is linked to its performance in Brazil,it's not one of its biggest markets to begin with :P

Oh you're worried about that?TF5 will happen,it's a huge franchise which can't be abandoned like,unless a real crash..and TF4 doesn't go that way.TF it's also about selling toys so it has a double role.Don't worry! ;)And by the way I don't think TF5's fate is linked to its performance in Brazil,it's not one of its biggest markets to begin with :P

I don't know. I've never rooted for a franchise with this kind of bad WOM. It's so different when I was rooting for TA because the phase 2 movies and it's sequel's never in doubt.

I see Brazil as 'the market' of SA so any movies that do well here are likely to do well everywhere else in SA too. :D

Super 8 is an original film, it shouldn't be on this list.

I know,same thing for The Incredibles,but it's not just for heroes from comic books,but superheroes as a whole.By the way I just remembered I forgot another movie : Hancock,I'm going to fix this :)

I know,same thing for The Incredibles,but it's not just for heroes from comic books,but superheroes as a whole.By the way I just remembered I forgot another movie : Hancock,I'm going to fix this :)

But it isn't a superhero film either, it's a creature film.

Edited by Tower

BOM's info on Puss is wrong. The $500k was its previews the weekend before its actual opening (which was December 9-11). Its actual OW, not listed on BOM at all, was $5.56m (The Numbers says that included previews).

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

BOM's info on Puss is wrong. The $500k was its previews the weekend before its actual opening (which was December 9-11). Its actual OW, not listed on BOM at all, was $5.56m (The Numbers says that included previews).

Thanks for that,it's better like that :D

only 11 so far? :mellow:France has already 25!And last year 44.

Why are you surprised?France is a bigger box office market than Brazil,twice bigger actually (1.8B vs 0.9B)and France has more admissions and higher prices as well.Brazil is a growing market with a lot of potential,and will pass France someday,but now it is smaller.The most important here is the growth of the market that is quite impressive.
  • Like 1

Pixar movies in BrazilToy Story 3 : 24.9mBrave : 16.7m Cars 2 : 16.6m Monsters University :16.5m The Incredibles : 10.5mUp : 10.5mRatatouille : 9.6mCars : 8.2m Wall-E : 6.3mMonsters & Co : 5.7mIt's very hard to find anything from before 2004,a bit irritating.Pixar is pretty successful there :) Let's hope for big numbers next year for The Good Dinosaur.

• Like 2

How the hell did this happen? I thought the BO was dead and a ton of showings were cancelled. And Brazil was just in the quarterfinal and WON, yet it's down only 20% from last weekend's 60% drop?Not as miraculous as Australia, where it was UP 15%, even with TF4 entering the market, but still...wow.

Edited by TServo2049

How the hell did this happen? I thought the BO was dead and a ton of showings were cancelled. And Brazil was just in the quarterfinal and WON, yet it's down only 20% from last weekend's 60% drop?Not as miraculous as Australia, where it was UP 15%, even with TF4 entering the market, but still...wow.

It was a shock for me as well,I expected a big drop,I thought it was the end of its run.I'm glad it's not the case,maybe 20m is still reachable :)