Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Garfield scratches great $8.4M 6-day OW; safe $2.5M start for The Fall Guy

34 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

But not in 5 days :( 

That's top 3 all-time 😉

This is pure insanity. With pure OD is managing to beat the highest OW of 2010 (TS3-$193M), 2011 (DH2-$189M), 2012 (TA-$217M), 2013 (IM3-$207M), 2014 (Need to check which one is but should be lower than the previous ones) and 2017 (FOTF-$220M+). IW OD couldn't beat any of those.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Is there any chance Mexico is crazy enough to approach $100m? I know that sounds bonkers but it's already like 12% of the way there in one day!

Well, if you’re 12% of the way on OD, then getting there is a 8.33 multi from OD. Same DOM would be a result about a $1325M finish.  

So, I assume this won’t happen, but... it is Endgame after all 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Thanos Legion

12 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Is there any chance Mexico is crazy enough to approach $100m? I know that sounds bonkers but it's already like 12% of the way there in one day!

Very unlikely, it will be frontloaded. The goal would be to reach $70M.

Edited by Purple Minion

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Well, if you’re 12% of the way on OD, then getting there is a 8.33 multi from OD. Same DOM would be a result about a $1325M finish.  

Sounds about right then 😏

4 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Very unlikely, it will be frontloaded. The goal would be to reach $70M.

Okay cool. Was just thinking with the huge overperformance whether it was realistically possible according to those more familiar with MBO.

PS bodes well for Wednesday at main cities and premium formats as VIP, IMAX and 4D. I wanted tickets for an IMAX show on Wednesday but all the good seats were gone at both Universidad and Perisur so I guess I'll wait until the weekend and do a really weird double feature with Us :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Tomorrow should pass $650M and become #13 all-time. 10M admissions too. 

Possible $75M finish and 23.5M+ admissions.

The craziest of all this is that I was doubtful of $600M+ because of capacity and because historically no movie has gone that much in gross from previous OW holder but this time the jump was nearly $150M. Infinity War *only* jumped $120M from Civil War and this one *only* jumped $60M from Age of Ultron.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1