Eric Prime

Magazine Dreams | Delayed | Searchlight Pictures | Jonathan Majors

3 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

He who must not be named is claiming that the film has found a distributor, potentially Lionsgate, and it may be trying to go for awards season again.

Geez Lionsgste is desperate for anything these days.

I guess since he avoided jail and apparently has a gig with the Villeneuve clan now he's no longer persona non grata. I suspected an update on this was coming not long after that was announced.

1 minute ago, AniNate said:

I guess since he avoided jail and apparently has a gig with the Villeneuve clan now he's no longer persona non grata. I suspected an update on this was coming not long after that was announced.

I mean, his new gig sounds like some direct to VOD/Redbox movie with maybe a few theaters so idk if it's a comeback per say. It very much comes off as a script that he wouldn't have even given a second thought two years ago when he was the toast of the town. Right now it seems like his career is going the Shia LaBeouf route: work in smaller indie movies with maybe the occassional supporting role in a big production.

If the Lionsgate rumor is true, that is admittedly a little surprising. I thought for sure this was destined for Vertical. But then again, they're also releasing the new Mel Gibson/Marky Mark team up so they just don't seem to care as much as other mainstream studios.