kayumanggi

THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE | 787.1M overseas | 1362.0M worldwide

7 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

The reporting on this movie continues to be all over the place. Both Mojo and The Number have a higher overseas total than this.

I did say that follow Universal Update. Not BOM/NUM they are just 3rd party researcher. My posted numbers are from Universal.

5 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

774.7M overseas | 1348.8M worldwide

As a lifelong fan of Mario/Nintendo, I am quite happy that it managed to get so far. Originally I thought that as long as it could get around 500M we would get a sequel. Never thought it was going to get so far (specially in Europe or LatAm). 16th highest grossing movie of all time is quite an amazing feat for it (I am saying 16th because Barbie will obliterate it with like 1.5B or more).  Hopefully, Illumination can ramp up a bit it story-wise in the sequels.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob-omb said:

As a lifelong fan of Mario/Nintendo, I am quite happy that it managed to get so far. Originally I thought that as long as it could get around 500M we would get a sequel. Never thought it was going to get so far (specially in Europe or LatAm). 16th highest grossing movie of all time is quite an amazing feat for it (I am saying 16th because Barbie will obliterate it with like 1.5B or more).  Hopefully, Illumination can ramp up a bit it story-wise in the sequels.

Barbie I don't think will gross more than $1.2B, but we shall see in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Austin said:

Barbie I don't think will gross more than $1.2B, but we shall see in the coming weeks.

I dont know, it has been less than a week and it already did 3rd of Mario OS and it is not slowing down. Mario has 35 years of existence while Barbie 60. 1350M*(60/35) = 2314M confirmed for Barbie.😆

2 hours ago, Bob-omb said:

I dont know, it has been less than a week and it already did 3rd of Mario OS and it is not slowing down. Mario has 35 years of existence while Barbie 60. 1350M*(60/35) = 2314M confirmed for Barbie.😆

I would like to counter your math but I don't feel like right now lol. Mario did open higher WW on its opening weekend and had insane holds each weekend for a blockbuster of that size.

Edited by Austin

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Deadline: $1.2M intl weekend (81 markets); $776.3M intl cume/$1.35B global.

Nice, I guess 90% of this gross comes from Japan right? And in Poland where is was released much later what's the total gross? 

2 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Nice, I guess 90% of this gross comes from Japan right? And in Poland where is was released much later what's the total gross? 

$590K 14th WKend in Japan. Poland is closer to 1.4M admits (Not sure about Gross because I track admits on Poland)