kayumanggi

THE LITTLE MERMAID | 271.5M overseas | 569.6M worldwide

It's too early for Japan but somehow I guess it should manage above Dr Strange 2 numbers in Local Currency - But, bigger issue is our crashing exchange rate -

Ofc, reviews in multiple are heavily bombed by both parties - 2.2 at Y!, 2.0 Eiga, 3.5 Filmarks

But will still manage out to do combine numbers of China+Korea ~ yeah, it's still upto reception though

Adding context to Asian Markets -

TLM supposed to disappear from all Asian Markets (except for the likes of Indonesia, Thailand &Philippines) but somehow managed to hold off local BO Forecast of -97% China / -90% Korea / -85% Hong Kong with better holds all thanks to ATSV weak IM. (Big OD but poor GA expansion)

Secondly, keeps less to expect from Japan, live-action has been in sunk since Post-CoVid-19 &reception like 60 years of loyal fanbase like Shin Kamen Rider aren't even break-even. Even with Big OW, they are ending with poorer legs (Kingdom II). And again this market has rejected Avatar with unique audience choices (like 3D aren't as popular like 10 years back)

Edited by Issac Newton

46 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

CS for Singapore (or 8Days)

Studio reported Local Currency for Philippines (Disney Philippines)

Cinepoint App for Indonesia (or Bicara Box Office at Twitter)

@taipeibo (FB page) for Taiwan 

Thanks

By CS, do you mean ComScore ? 

My Korean student revealed to me the terrible racist takes of a lot of Koreans on this movie, especially with the casting. She said, one even had made a meme/story of Korean children crying because the mermaid they saw was different from what they had expected. I am not surprised, though.

• Haha 1