SLAM!

Y10 Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, SLAM! said:

I agree. I will amend my decision to completely abandon the game, I know I said in the Telegram chat that I was moving on from it but I can write quickly to help get some films on the board. But yes, I think the deadline should be extended. I suggest an extension of one month.

And I gotta get to the calendar edits, I will get to that shortly.

But yes, I suggest Labor Day + One Month

I'm good with this, but I would recommend making a poll for it like we've done in the past.

• Like 2

Finally have an outline I feel proud of in Gateways II. Think the first official draft will be done this week and if satisfied will be up Labor Day weekend.

Green Lantern Corps 3 also has its’ outline completed and I’ll crack at that after the Gateways draft is done. Hopefully both can be ready to post by Labor Day Weekend and then I can focus on the rest of my slate.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 6:26 AM, SLAM! said:

@lamamama

Would you like to give Second Dimension IMAX showings? I don’t have to release Splinter Cell on that weekend.

That would be cool I wasn't sure what the rules were since I wasn't monitoring the games when we first did the extended schedule.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lamamama said:

That would be cool I wasn't sure what the rules were since I wasn't monitoring the games when we first did the extended schedule.

Awesome! When you can, please edit the submission post to write (IMAX) next to the release date.

@lamamama Actually, I want to recommend you a way to get your films on the forum:

1) Go to where you wrote your films (whether Google Docs or Microsoft Word or wherever)

2) Use the keyboard shortcut (crtl+A or command+A) to highlight the entire contents of the document

3) Copy (right click, or crtl+C or command+C)

4) click edit on your submission posts

5) put in a spoiler box (the 👁️ next to the 🙂) under the film's information

6) paste (right click, or crtl+V or command+V) the film into the spoiler box

(I just learned about the crtl+A shortcut recently and my life is pretty much changed, oh my goodness)

Edited by SLAM!

@SLAM! @Rorschach

Thank you for communicating the difficulties with the link.  I have redone both and put a link to a google doc version of the document as well as copying the text into the post. However, I did find that some of the formatting got skewed when copying it to the page so I recommend reading it from the Google doc link, but feel free to do it whichever way is easier for you.  I also did add an IMAX designation to Operation Finality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have about 35 films and a week for deadline. We don’t have enough films for a full game year, so I suggest a final deadline. Monday, November 20th, the Monday before the long thanksgiving weekend or Monday, November 27th. @SLAM!

Edited by YM!
  • Like 2

On 10/20/2023 at 3:45 PM, YM! said:

We have about 35 films and a week for deadline. We don’t have enough films for a full game year, so I suggest a final deadline. Monday, November 20th, the Monday before the long thanksgiving weekend or Monday, November 27th. @SLAM!

@SLAM! Is it still possible to do a vote on a final deadline as we don't have enough films for a full game year.

On 11/21/2023 at 4:54 PM, El Squibbonator said:

At this rate I'm worried we might never have enough films for a full year. 

I concur. Working on a batch of fillers and dropping GLC3 this weekend to be posted and we do need to have a serious talk about on how the game can move forward as I do not think another pushback is fair. 

On 11/21/2023 at 4:54 PM, El Squibbonator said:

At this rate I'm worried we might never have enough films for a full year. 

For the time being, let’s just keep the current deadline as is and go from there after that passes. I know @YM! mentioned in our Telegram chat doing something similar to what we did in Cayom 2.0 where we split the calendar year into two halves and had separate deadlines for each one. I think that’s definitely a valid option, but for the time being, I think we should just treat the current deadline (Monday night) as the real thing and get as much done as we can. 

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

@El Squibbonator @Hiccup23 @tyson67roberts @lamamama 

If any of you are interested, we have a Telegram group chat that's been around for a few years now that you can join at your leisure. Might make communication a lot quicker and easier since most of us don't always have easy access to the forums on mobile compared to desktop. 

https://t.me/+SuDI0UhvdOxlKa2C

• Like 1