Grebacio

Sausage Party: Foodtopia | Prime Video

Those calls can be particularly helpful for keeping everyone in the loop, though – as proved the case with Sausage Party: Foodtopia, the upcoming sequel series to Rogen and Goldberg’s bonkers R-rated animated anthropomorphic-food comedy. “There’s one specific scene that had a special screening for the Amazon PR people,” notes Rogen of the show. “‘You should all just start wrapping your heads around this now. You’ll probably have to talk about this a lot.’” The series, he says, will be “unbelievably shocking”, catching even the cast off guard. “We had Kristen Wiig in picking up a few lines the other day, and I think we’ve all become desentised to it, because we’ll just be like, ‘Roll the scene!’, and then she was like, ‘Oh my God?! This is insane!’” Get your Parental Control settings ready now, people.

On 7/4/2023 at 3:23 PM, Reddroast said:

I wouldn't say that. I had a friend who nearly died of laughter watching this

That was my reaction as well. When I saw it the entire theater was laughing their asses off.

I haven't laughed that hard at any movie since.

It did extremely well financially as well. A hard R animated comedy with a budget of $19m did $140m WW ($97.7m domestic, $43m international) with an opening weekend of $34.3m.