filmlover

Super/Man: The Christopher Reeve Story | bought by WB at Sundance for $15M | Documentary about the actor

Unsure if WB plans to release this in theaters or on streaming but a pretty big acquisition at this price. Will post it here for now.

In a deal that when closed will be worth $15 million, Warner Bros Discovery has emerged as frontrunner to land the Sundance buzz title documentary Super/Man: The Christopher Reeve Story, sources said. The inspirational film is about the late actor best known for playing the Man of Steel. Docu’s focus is on how he found strength and purpose through activism after he was paralyzed in an equestrian accident. I believe that puts the film in precedent setting territory for a docu launched at Sundance. Numerous bidders have been in the mix, but I hear it’s likely to land at the home of the Superman film franchise.

Christopher Reeve Sundance Super/Man Warner Bros in lead on $15M Deal – Deadline

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Are they gonna deepfake him again? 

Highlight of the promo tour for this is already his kids claiming they didn't bother to see The Flash (they didn't miss much) lol.

Reeve’s children were asked about their thoughts on their father’s appearance in last year’s Warner Bros. comic book tentpole “The Flash.” The studio controversially used CGI to recreate his likeness for a cameo in which his iteration of Superman is spotted by Ezra Miller’s Flash out in the multiverse. None of them ever watched “The Flash” and they did not have involvement in that cameo.

Christopher Reeve's Children Never Watched The Flash Cameo (variety.com)

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Highlight of the promo tour for this is already his kids claiming they didn't bother to see The Flash (they didn't miss much) lol.

Christopher Reeve's Children Never Watched The Flash Cameo (variety.com)

For what it’s worth, I think what they did with George Reeves was a lot more sleazy. 

On 1/27/2024 at 9:58 AM, WittyUsername said:

For what it’s worth, I think what they did with George Reeves was a lot more sleazy. 

I agree. 

Irony is that Ben Affleck played Reeves when they did a biopic about him a few years ago.