kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [June 10 - 13, 2024] | Thursday | 4.48M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Not a perfect comparison, but Rise of the Beasts had a 0.5M higher Sunday and it fell to 5.2M for its first Monday. Looking good, looking good.

• Like 1

Luckily the first 2 months of 2020 before the pandemic era gave birth to two refreshed franchise. Bad Boys and Sonic managed to catch the last train of the "normal" moviegoing era. Seeing both of them now contributing to the recovery of the moviegoing is really a relief that at least something went great at the final moment before the downfall.

46 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Maybe not very relevant in this thread, but Challengers needs $543k to reach $50m. Just had a $422k weekend.

Also, it's around $93m ww.

On a $55 million budget, these box office numbers are not great.

1 hour ago, toutvabien said:

Maybe not very relevant in this thread, but Challengers needs $543k to reach $50m. Just had a $422k weekend.

Also, it's around $93m ww.

Amazing, definitely did better than I thought after that opening weekend.

• Heart 2

Honestly I am not surprised with the numbers Furiosa is pulling. While the movie was pretty good, I think even a sequel to Mad Max: Fury Road would have struggled to surpass the first one worldwide ($380.4m) let alone a prequel focused on one of the characters. The $168m budget was just the last nail to the coffin...

56 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I remember the first time I saw the Lord of the Rings trailer in the Cinema. It was with Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I've never seen anything like it since. People were in awe. I wonder how many were seeing those films in the cinema for the first time this weekend? 

3 hours ago, MrHardapple said:

On a $55 million budget, these box office numbers are not great.

For the type of film it is, has had a good performance. 

• Like 1