kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [June 10 - 13, 2024] | Thursday | 4.48M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE

Bad Boys is still doing decently above Rise of the Beasts. Following its second weekend would give us...22.92M. Even with Inside Out taking all the PLFs, it could still get a bit higher, around 24 or 25 or something, with the stronger WOM and no direct competition like Flash.

On 6/12/2024 at 1:29 PM, discussingnotfilms said:

I was looking around on the-numbers.com and this is the top 10 of mid budget* (american) dramas with original screenplays post pandemic 

hmCRqGi.png

Something to consider everytime someone complains about hollywood not making original movies anymore, is it a demand or supply problem?

*I kept mid budget constrained at 60m, i used to think mid budget was 30-40m but i think inflation might have killed that

Friendly amendment - it looks a bit better when you include the dramas classified as comedy. I'm thinking Dog (61.8M DOM/84.5M WW), Asteroid City (28M/54M), French Dispatch (16/45), The Holdovers (20M/44.5M), Triangle of Sadness (4.6/32.9). [missed the "American" designation which, should remove Triangle of Sadness from this list]

Basically these would all be understood by people watching them as vaguely dramas (and this means PTA is single handedly raising the floor for the top 10 WW). 

I mean, it's still an awful list in terms of audience attendance, but there's just no reason to include Knives Out 2 and exclude the Holdovers (it's just a limit of the-numbers' rigid genre classification). 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Heart 1